Howdie - JTB.SDG

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by JTB.SDG, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JTB.SDG

JTB.SDG Puritan Board Freshman

Hey all,

Have benefited from this board a lot over the last few/several years but didn't actually join till a few weeks ago. Grateful to be here. I'm in the PCA and we're part of a small team serving in Bangladesh. One of the main things we get to do here is help to ground a local denomination in a Reformed/Covenantal understanding of the Scriptures; and I've been working on curriculum on and off for a good few years now. It's been a huge blessing to re-study through the covenants and read some of the Puritans for the first time on the subject; but there are also new questions that come up. I hope it's okay to use this forum to put forward to you all some of these questions. Really grateful to be here with you all.

2. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable Staff Member

Jon,

Perhaps someday you will cross paths with Bathiran Samuel of http://puritanreformedministries.org/index.php in Manipur. He is also the founder of PRBS and a member here at PB. The resources at PRBS might be a valuable resource for your efforts.

3. johnny

johnny Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome Jon.

What a wonderful work you are doing, I'm very encouraged by this.
    Looking forward to hearing from you on PB, and reading the answers to your questions.

4. PhilA

PhilA Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome

5. reaganmarsh

reaganmarsh Puritan Board Senior

Welcome to the PB! Your work sounds very interesting. I'll look forward to interacting with you!

Grace to you.

6. Doulos McKenzie

Doulos McKenzie Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome aboard!

7. mgkortus

mgkortus Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome

8. hammondjones

hammondjones Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome!

9. JTB.SDG

Thanks guys.

10. arapahoepark

arapahoepark Puritan Board Senior

Welcome!

11. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings.

12. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome, Jon.

13. Branson

Branson Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome

14. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Nice to meet you!

15. Hamalas

Hamalas whippersnapper

Do you work with the Presbyterian Church of Bangladesh?!? I bet we know some of the same people. My Dad and I were over there for a 2 week trip to offer training to their local Pastors. We had quite the time.

16. YRRSBCGuy

YRRSBCGuy Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome Jon.

17. JTB.SDG

Ben,

We work with the Presbyterian Church of Bangladesh, but there are actually two of them. There is one in Dhaka, that works with the majority group; there is another based in the "Hill Tracts", that started among an indigenous group there and is engaging mostly there in the Hill Tracts; we work with the second. That's great you've been to Bangladesh. It's always a joy to run across folks that have been here--not many make it out this way.

18. LaurenC

LaurenC Puritan Board Freshman

That's wonderful what you were doing in Bangladesh, member here but hardly ever posted but reading things along the way here in there. God bless you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.