Howdy from SE Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heidelberg1

Puritan Board Freshman
Hi Everyone,

I am brand new to the Puritan Board. Thanks for allowing me to hang out and learn for you all.

I was born and raised in the midwest as a Roman Catholic. I became a Christian when I was 25, as I was reading a book that was given to me by a neighbor. My first church experience as a disciple of Jesus Christ was in an Assemblies of God church. After three years, my wife and I moved to Minneapolis where we first heard the doctrines of grace, under the ministry of John Piper, and where I became a convinced Calvinist. My wife Robin and I moved to SE Asia to do M* work.

It was in 2007 that I began to hunger for more of an authentic, historic, Reformed theology. On a Furlough in 2007, I went to a Bethlehem Conference for Pastors and met Joel Beeke (who was not speaking but just meeting people in the bookstore.) He introduced me to the Reformed Confessions Harmonized book that he and Sinclair Ferguson edited. I found the presentation of theology in those confessions thoroughly Biblical and satisfying to my soul. Since then, I have studied the WCF, the Larger Catechism, and am currently teaching my children the WSC. I also have a great appreciation for the 3FU, especially the Heidelberg Catechism.

I consider myself a Credobaptist (LBCF), but I am still searching that out. The weakness for me of Credobaptism is that it does not seem to do full justice to the Covenant Theology that I love. :worms:

One other thing about me. I can get long winded...

Blessings,

OPC'n

Puritan Board Doctor
hello.gif

Andres

Puritan Board Doctor
hi Kevin, Welcome to the PB! your testimony sounds like a wonderful journey of God's grace being poured out upon you. May He continue to do so as you grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.