Hugs smiley

Status
Not open for further replies.

jules5solas

Puritan Board Freshman
So, do Calvinists not hug? This is the closest I found! :handshake:

Also, how about a really happy woohoo guy, other than the banana man.

Thanks!

I think only a side-hug smiley would be acceptable...

But I would gladly take this :cheers2: over a hug any day :smug:

I do believe Calvin barred hugging in some of his writings. Very serious :worms: you've opened. :detective:

:amen: Maybe a side-hug or a two-handed warm handshake might be nice.

My wife is a hugger and it doesn't bug me that she hugs other men and women but I'm never comfortable hugging other women.

Reformed faith is a very manly thing. We shake hands. (In extreme circumstances an "a-frame hug" may be substituted).

:amen: Maybe a side-hug or a two-handed warm handshake might be nice.

My wife is a hugger and it doesn't bug me that she hugs other men and women but I'm never comfortable hugging other women.

Ditto. I rarely hug a woman other than my wife or mother. And, I never instigate the hugs except with the two of them. I hug my daughter all the time. She still attacks me when I get home! At her age of almost 14 I consider myself blessed.

Wouldn't want to scare off anyone with hugs and kisses! We can just click beer mugs that's ok! :lol: :cheers2:

But what about the biblical exhortations for the brethren to greet one another with holy kisses? Romans 16:16, I Cor. 16:20, II Cor. 13:12, I Thess. 5:26

Anyone ever seen this practiced in the churches?

So, do Calvinists not hug? This is the closest I found! :handshake:

Also, how about a really happy woohoo guy, other than the banana man.

Thanks!

Shaking hands is a nasty practice that spreads disease. Bring back the ancient practice of bowing and curtseying.

Wouldn't want to scare off anyone with hugs and kisses! We can just click beer mugs that's ok! :lol: :cheers2:

But what about the biblical exhortations for the brethren to greet one another with holy kisses? Romans 16:16, I Cor. 16:20, II Cor. 13:12, I Thess. 5:26

In Mexico everyone greets each other with a holy kiss (smush your cheek to the other person's cheek as you shake hands, make smacking noise with mouth).

How about the "pat on the back" - "attaboy" smiley?

I guess the huggy comes close
hug.gif

:eek:

I *love* the encourage smiley. I want to marry it.

(Oh wait. I'm already married. And Ruben already rubbed my head until I smiled today.)

Thank you! If the huggy smiley makes one too squeamish, we don't NEED it available, I guess. I do like the encouraging smiley very much. Where's the guy with a 10-foot pole smiley? (just kidding)

How about a smiley where one of the little guys gives an enthusiastic hug and the other one looks vaguely uncomfortable ... hehe

ok yall I was wondering this same thing... I am a hugger... I hug everyone... seriously. when we joined our last church the pastor came up to my husband and told him it made him feel uncomfortable.. I was a a total loss as to how I should greet him... so the first sunday after he talked to my husband who then talked to me... I punched him in the arm..LOL. I was sooooo embarrased, we avoided each other like the plague after that.... Now we have a friend whos anti huggy too.. so I punch him in the arm. I don't know what else to do... I guess that's just how I am... I say Ya'll (which I got made fun of on Vacation in IN by the walmart boy, but that's another story) I drink tea from a mason jar on my front porch swing. I fry chicken, and I hug. Men, women, children. Strangers or kin. I never got it though... ok I'm done with my little tangent.... carry on.:hug::hug::hug:

The great thing about the smileys is that they are, indeed, sideways hug smileys.

Though, given that the smileys are spherical, it doesn't make too much difference.

We need a blokes hugging smiley, where two smileys go through the motions of hugging without any actual physical contact.

I do like the encouragement one though; I need encouragement so often, all smiley encouragement is appreciated.

Hey, you really did put those huggy and encouraging smiley guys on the list of choices.
Did I mention that I'd really like to have that little lady watering flowers on there too?
No? It must have been an oversight. Praying you're in a good mood this Sabbath evening. :pray2:

While I'm on the topic of the site itself I'd like to thank those who've put so much effort into making sure it functions. The design is truly wonderful. I'm amazed at it every time I discover a new feature, like keeping the thanks names in alphabetical order. :cool: I'm sure there's lots to do to keep it going as well.

I praise God for the gift(s) of creativity, diligence, knowledge, dedication, etc. and those He empowered in a Philippians 2:13 kind of way. May you all be blessed! :)

Yes. I've also noticed that the practice tends to be inversely proportionate to the amount of homosexuality practiced in the relative area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back