HUNGER AND THIRST FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10797

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”
Matthew 5:6​

Jesus says those who hunger and thirst after righteousness shall be satisfied. He will always answer His promises. I wonder if you have ever been on a long summer run or walk. It will not take long for you to thirst for water as the heat of the sun beams down upon you. As soon as you get home you go straight to the nearest water supply and quench your thirst.

This is how the child of God should think about righteousness and daily reading and prayer. Christ will feed His sheep they shall be filled, and they shall never go hungry. Our physical bodies need food and water, and so does our spiritual bodies. This spiritual body is what Christ is dealing with in the sixth verse.

The prophet Isaiah said, “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.” (55:1). There is a gift on offer by God, without price, without work and completely free. God is saying come and receive everlasting life. Don't pay for religion that cannot save you. Salvation is found only in Christ and received by repentance and faith alone. Look unto Christ He is the only one that can satisfy our soul. He is the only one that can fulfill the true and longing desires of the heart.

That water of life is the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the fountain of life. If you take from the fountain that flows, you will never hunger or thirst again. Our Lord declared in John 4:14, “But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.” The spring that Christ will start within the soul of a Christian will never go dry and will never be put out, it is a continual flow. The child of God will always be filled, always satisfied in Him.

To the saved sinner Christ is the source of truth and life. Therefore, the church much preach Christ because in Him truth is personified. The unconverted sinner must run to Christ to flee from the wrath to come. Have you come to Christ today? Have you read His Word? Have you prayed to Him today? Are you seeking to do His will? If not, then go to the Saviour today and drink from that fountain that flows with life-giving truth.

Always carry your water with you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221224-094012.png
    Screenshot_20221224-094012.png
    253.8 KB · Views: 0
“ ... but whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.” John 4:14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back