hyper-Preterism and the Lord's Supper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me Died Blue

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
In 1 Corinthians 11:26, in reference to the Lord's Supper, the Apostle Paul states, "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes." The last three words in that verse are key, and I wonder how hyper-Preterists interpret the verse in light of that, and what their practice is as a result. In order to be consistent, it seems to me they would have to affirm that the "until he comes" has already been completely fulfilled, and thus that Christians should have stopped celebrating the Supper in 70 A.D.

Has anyone here talked with any hyper-Preterists on this matter? Do some (or all) of them refrain from partaking of the Supper today?

Originally posted by Paul manata
Originally posted by Me Died Blue
In 1 Corinthians 11:26, in reference to the Lord's Supper, the Apostle Paul states, "For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes." The last three words in that verse are key, and I wonder how hyper-Preterists interpret the verse in light of that, and what their practice is as a result. In order to be consistent, it seems to me they would have to affirm that the "until he comes" has already been completely fulfilled, and thus that Christians should have stopped celebrating the Supper in 70 A.D.

Has anyone here talked with any hyper-Preterists on this matter? Do some (or all) of them refrain from partaking of the Supper today?

here are some different answers they propose.

Wow!:banghead:

Good grief... Not sure what to say after looking at that. Adam's post is pretty much about all that can be said I suppose...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back