I am selling some of my harder to find sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regi Addictissimus

Completely sold out to the King
Hello brothers & sisters,

For various reasons, I am selling a few of my harder to find Puritan, Presbyterian, and Church Fathers sets. I am borderline fanatical about keeping my books in top condition and never mark in them. If any do have markings, it is very minimal, and they were purchased that way. Markings will be noted.

Also, if they were issued with dustjackets, I have them. They have been stored away in a tightly sealed box. Most of these sets I ended up reading more in Logos.

These are the initial ones that I am considering:

Nicene & Post-Nicene Early Church Fathers Series 1 &2 (Hendrickson ed. 28 vols) These volumes are near mint. These two sets are currently going for astronomical prices. Asking $400.

The Complete Works of Edward Reynolds (Soli Deo Gloria. 6 vols.) It is rare to see a complete set come up for sale, and when it does, they are quite pricey—between $500-600. Excellent condition. I am asking $300

The Complete Works of William Bridge (Soli Deo Gloria. 5 vols.) This set is even rarer than Edward Reynolds. If you ever see these on the market, they sell for close to $600. Very minimal markings in the set. Asking $300.

The Sermons of Samuel Davies SOLD.

The Complete Works of Thomas Boston SOLD.

Calvin's Commentaries (Baker. 22 vol.) This set is 99.9% clean. There are a few highlighter marks in one or two volumes. It is very minimal. Asking $300.

This is the particular edition of his commentaries:

Gill's Commentaries. (Six massive volumes) The set is a bit dated, but it does not affect the readability and the pages are clean. SOLD

Thomas Adam's Works. (Tanski. 3 vols.) Near mint. Asking $150

I am considering selling Ralph And Ebenezer Erskine's works (9 vols.). They are in mint condition. I am asking $350 for both sets.

The Works of John Boys - (Mint. Soli Deo Gloria) - $60

Benjamin Brooks - The Lives of the Puritans (Mint. Soli Deo Gloria, 3 vols.) - $70

Thomas Shepard - Theses Sabbaticae (Works of Shepard. Soli Deo Gloria) - $50

1640 Bay Psalm Book Facsimile Reprint of First Edition Puritan Psalter- 2 vol. set with a slipcase. One volume is a historical study of the Bay Psalm Book. $100

More info: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1640-Bay-P...dition-Puritan-Psalter-Haraszti-/124146702299

Misc:

Turretin - Institutes of Elenctic Theology (3 Vol. Mint) $65

Shedd - Dogmatic Theology (Mint) $30

The Works of Andrew Fuller - (1 vol. Banner of Truth edition. Mint) $35

Classic Reformed Theology Bundle: Bannerman Church of Christ 2 vol., Cunningham Historical Theology 2 vol., and Buchanan on Justification (1 or 2 highlights in the beginning) - $75

James W. Dale - Baptizo: An Inquiry into the Meaning... - (3 vols: Jewish & Patristic, Johannic, Charismatic & Patristic) $50

Daniel I. Block - NICOT: Ezekiel 2 vol. Very clean set. $100 (obo).

Keil & Delitzsch - Commentary on the Old Testament (10 volumes. No markings.) $75

It is this particular edition:

I also have many hard to find Soli Deo Gloria titles.

From my research, all of the above prices appear to be under the market value. In some cases, quite significantly so. I figured I would sell them here first at a slightly discounted price. If interested, DM me, and I will consider the offer. Thanks.

Last edited:
Everything that isn't marked in bold as sold—so everything with a price by the listing. I have more that I will add over the weekend.

I have a mint six-volume set of the Puritan sermons published by Richard Owen Roberts. These are going to be nearly impossible to find soon as Richard Owen Roberts is winding down his operations. I am considering listing these if anyone is interested.

I am adding Richard Baxter's A Christian Directory (Soli Deo Gloria. Mint). It normally sells for $67+. I am selling it for $50.

I also have Matthew Henry's complete works two volumes from Baker. They are mint. $75. From what I have seen these start at $83.

I have a mint six-volume set of the Puritan sermons published by Richard Owen Roberts. These are going to be nearly impossible to find soon as Richard Owen Roberts is winding down his operations. I am considering listing these if anyone is interested.
I'm interested. Not sure how you prefer to be notified.

William Bridge's works and the Reformed theology bundle with Buchanan, Bannerman, and Cunningham have sold. There still plenty of gems for sale.

I am listing more books. The first up:

Emil Schurer's A History of the Jewish People in the time of Christ 5 volumes. ( Mint) + Joachim Jeremias Jerusalem in the Times of Jesus (Mint) = $60

These books are basically brand new.

As I am getting ready to put my condo in Colorado on the market, I am open to offers on the above books.

We could also use prayers that the Lord will deliver us a buyer quickly. It is going to be tough paying for a home in Michigan and CO. Our tenants our moving across the state to be with family, and we need to be done with this home.

Please keep an eye out as I plan to add more books today.

Thanks.

Man, if you had all three of the Ante-Nicene, Nicene, and Post-Nicene sets, I would make an offer on them.

Man, if you had all three of the Ante-Nicene, Nicene, and Post-Nicene sets, I would make an offer on them.
It is also the one (2 sets) I am the most hesitant about selling as they are relatively rare now and cost a fortune, especially in the condition of mine.

My problem is that I have most of the Patrologia Graecae set, as well as the complete Schaff set on Bibleworks. It is hard to justify buying 2/3 of the Schaff set when I already have good access. I would prefer to have them all in hardcopy. But I have too many other higher priorities at the moment.

My problem is that I have most of the Patrologia Graecae set, as well as the complete Schaff set on Bibleworks. It is hard to justify buying 2/3 of the Schaff set when I already have good access. I would prefer to have them all in hardcopy. But I have too many other higher priorities at the moment.
Understood. I wouldn't consider selling this set if I didn't have a few hundred Patristic sources (primary & secondary), included this set in digital format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back