I am studying the land of Israel, the feasts and stuff related to "The Holy Land"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pergamum

Ordinary Guy (TM)
Hello,

Anyone got any book or cd or dvd suggestions?

I might end up going to Jerusalem within 2-3 years.

I would like, therefore, to know the land, NT times customs, and the "Holy land" sites.

I would love to get "Holy Land Tour" materials, but most of it is clouded with Dispensational biases.

I would like critical books that question the claims that Place X is really the place where John the Baptist's camel vomited, etc.

I would love all books to have cool pictures.

I would like to study up on the feasts and holy days and how these impacted the New Testament, (like in Acts 2, for instance).

An example of what is out on the market is: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Seven-Feasts-Israel-Set-4-2cd-Sets/dp/B001TP1EYQ/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258048859&sr=1-17]Amazon.com: Seven Feasts of Israel Set-4-2cd Sets: Bill Cloud: Books[/ame].

Anyone ever heard of Bill Cloud?

Hello,

Anyone got any book or cd or dvd suggestions?

I might end up going to Jerusalem within 2-3 years.

I would like, therefore, to know the land, NT times customs, and the "Holy land" sites.

I would love to get "Holy Land Tour" materials, but most of it is clouded with Dispensational biases.

I would like critical books that question the claims that Place X is really the place where John the Baptist's camel vomited, etc.

I would love all books to have cool pictures.

I would like to study up on the feasts and holy days and how these impacted the New Testament, (like in Acts 2, for instance).

An example of what is out on the market is: Amazon.com: Seven Feasts of Israel Set-4-2cd Sets: Bill Cloud: Books.

Anyone ever heard of Bill Cloud?

Shoreshim Ministries with Bill Cloud | Hebraic Roots Teachings

I would avoid it... he's mixed up with the Hebrew Roots folks, and their theology's quite out of whack from what I've seen (admittedly not a ton, but enough to give me great pause). In addition to the book you noted, he's got a message entitled "America: God's Endtime Vineyard".

Here's a little bio blurb:

ABOUT BILL
Bill Cloud was raised in a traditional Christian home in South Georgia. Yet, he has only been truly interested in his faith since the fall of 1988. After being born again, Bill immediately developed a hunger for the Word of God and in particular the Hebraic perspective of the Bible.

Shortly after his “born again” experience, Bill had the opportunity to visit Israel and participate in a celebration of the Feast of Tabernacles. It was during this time that God gave him a deep love for the land, the people and the language.

Under the tutelage of a local rabbi, Bill began studying Hebrew very soon thereafter and has become quite prolific at reading and writing the Holy Tongue. Since then, he has spent many hours studying, not only the Hebrew text, but the Hebraic roots of Christianity as well. This research has been rewarded with a keen insight into Biblical Judaism and its relationship to Christianity.

This interest is tied to Bill's desire to unlock the deep secrets of the Word of God and to teach them, along with our Hebraic roots, to believers in Messiah. Furthermore, this insight has allowed Bill to better understand the prophetic element of Scripture. As a result of this study, Bill has developed a variety of media resources dealing with prophetic themes as well as teachings related to our lost Hebraic heritage.

For five years, Bill and his wife Beth served as Youth Pastors in a large church in Central Florida. For over three years, Bill served as chief researcher, writer and Publications Director for Perry Stone and Voice of Evangelism Ministries. Since that time Bill has written articles for the Voice of Evangelism magazine, as well as for God's News Behind The News.

Bill is a featured speaker in venues throughout the country and has appeared with notable teachers such as Hal Lindsay, J.R. Church, Jack Van Impe, John Hagee, Grant Jeffrey, Perry Stone, Tim La Haye, Chuck Missler, the late Yacov Rambsel and the late Zola Levitt. He has also made several appearances on a variety of television broadcasts seen on TBN, Daystar, Inspiration, SkyAngel, WHT, and TCT.

Through Shoreshim Ministries, Bill and his family have launched an effort to re-introduce Christians to the Jewish Y’shua and to educate believers in the Hebraic roots of their faith. As a benefit of this information, disciples of the Messiah can more accurately interpret end-time events and better discern our role in these last days. Bill, his lovely wife Beth, and their four children reside in Cleveland, Tennessee.

Got some great TV teachers there... ugh. Ms. Flight Attendant, the airsick bag, please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back