I Could Have Been a Senior...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I was kind of looking forward to becoming a Senior on the PB when I exceeded 2000 posts.

These past couple of days have seen a lot more posting for me for sure.

I have more work to do but I want to say that I really enjoy and am blessed by this board. I think when I registered about a year ago I thought I had a pretty good handle on Reformed Theology. Nothing like interacting with people way smarter than you to prove you wrong. I was totally clueless in retrospect.

I've also really learned to be a lot more gracious in my interactions. I still often exhibit a lack of humility and grace in my posts but it is much better than it was. I know the internet is not real life but this board, limited as it is, is a great vehicle and I'm honored to be a part of sustaining and improving it.

Blessings in Christ,

Rich

So very pleased you're here Rich. You have certainly been a blessing to the board and have made our online experience better in so many ways from spiritual to technical. I can relate to all the things you said and concur except I never thought I was smarter than the cloud of witnesses in this community. I came here stupid and now I'm proud to say I'm only ignorant. Lots of room to grow and learn. Peace and grace to you brother.

Originally posted by BobVigneault
So very pleased you're here Rich. You have certainly been a blessing to the board and have made our online experience better in so many ways from spiritual to technical. I can relate to all the things you said and concur except I never thought I was smarter than the cloud of witnesses in this community. I came here stupid and now I'm proud to say I'm only ignorant. Lots of room to grow and learn. Peace and grace to you brother.
I don't know that I came here thinking I was smarter. :)

I only thought I had a good handle because most Churches only have one or two folks that are really well studied in Theology. I got here and I was just blown away.

Originally posted by BobVigneault

Come on now Bob...I'm afraid to take a shot at your devotional post! (lol)

I was seriously thinking about proposing a new rank for people with more than 10,000 posts but I can't think of one.

How about "Garafalo"? I've been thinking about creating this new Smilie in your honor.
garafalo.gif

[Edited on 9-28-2006 by SemperFideles]

Post counts really mean nothing (mine keep getting bumped down for some reason). As far as real seniority, look at the dates registered. Not too many of us left who were the origional members of the PB when it first came online in autumn of 02.

I see you made the benchmark about 15 posts ago.

Congratulations from a sophomore (no, make that a "rising junior").

Jay I think you mean sophmore. :lol:

I came here stupid and now I'm proud to say I'm only ignorant. Lots of room to grow and learn.

I totally identify with this Bob.

Rich, I am soooo glad you are computer genius. That's what you should have below your name. Forget senior and put "computer genius."

Oh by the way the lol smiley's chin is cut off.
unsure.gif

Originally posted by Gregg
Post counts really mean nothing (mine keep getting bumped down for some reason). As far as real seniority, look at the dates registered. Not too many of us left who were the origional members of the PB when it first came online in autumn of 02.

Greg,
You are right, yopur posts have fallen off; last I remembered you had over 1000. Interesting.

Originally posted by Scott Bushey

Greg,
You are right, yopur posts have fallen off; last I remembered you had over 1000. Interesting.

I may be the only poster who's post counts diminish with time.:lol:

Yeah, some guys took 6 years to complete their Undergrad degrees in Engineering when I was at RPI. I've always been a quick learner. ;)

My guess is they dropped at times when the board was reconfigured in the past, etc. Not all the threads from the earliest iterations of the board have survived all the trials. Not even I have every post I've ever made, even allowing for deliberate deletions.

Well...
If you can just add 'em, I guess when the board was reloaded, it just totted up the actual posts, and the "imaginary ones" were lost.

You know, I think I'd like to always have at least +1 posts to whatever SemperFi has.

You know, this could really get out of control...

Originally posted by Contra_Mundum
Well...
If you can just add 'em, I guess when the board was reloaded, it just totted up the actual posts, and the "imaginary ones" were lost.

You know, I think I'd like to always have at least +1 posts to whatever SemperFi has.

You know, this could really get out of control...
:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back