I Finally Missed a Day -- But I'm Still Smiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Walsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings Pilgrims,

This had to go in the Entertainment and Humor forum.

Well, it finally happened. After 1599 days (beginning 12/2/2017) without missing a single day in the Bible app, that fearful day came yesterday. I missed a day. But, like a spider rebuilding its web, I begin today again at zero. I wonder if I'll live long enough to beat my old record. Of course, this is an excellent blow to my pride which is always a good thing. Today I begin again. All of us can start again today if we fall at the feet of Jesus and look to him and him alone for our well-being here and eternal bliss there.

Everyone has an excuse. Here's mine:
I worked for about 30 hours straight, and when I opened it to listen to Romans, I had gone over a day. Rember Shoots-n-Ladders?

Ed
bible1599..jpeg

I'm impressed by the Bible app. It has all the translations I use, and even has the 1650 Scottish Metrical Version. It also has my favorite audiobible available for free, Max McLean. I wish it didn't have links out to some worse resources, but overall it has a lot of good stuff available for free.

I use it pretty much daily too. Idk if the 1650 SMV is a new addition or I just missed it all this time, but I just noticed it yesterday so how providential you mentioned it!

Well, it finally happened. After 1599 days (beginning 12/2/2017) without missing a single day in the Bible app, that fearful day came yesterday.
I just figured out what happened. I just got a new cell phone with s different carrier. I DID read from the app yesterday, even though I was working. I'm sure of it. Then it hit me. Since I (almost) never use my phone, I never logged in, so their server missed me. But the Lord didn't. Between Him and I, I am on day 1600 today. ;)

Anyway, that's enough of this, back to reality.

What is this application actually called? Or a link to it? There are a lot of bad bible applications out there

Since I (almost) never use my phone, I never logged in, so their server missed me. But the Lord didn't. Between Him and I, I am on day 1600 today. ;)

Anyway, that's enough of this, back to reality.

Well, I'll be darn (guess I shouldn't say that, right?)

I told them what happened, and look what I saw when I opened the app this morning. I also reminded them that I donate to them every week. Not all that much, but it seems the customer is always right.:rofl:

Now, let's see if I live to double it.
bible1600.png

I use that app for the Prof. Horner's reading plan. Using the app is much easier than moving all those bookmarks every day. However, it is frustrating that it "resets" to Day 1 after you complete the bible once, instead of letting you keep "rolling" through the 10 categories. Overall, I really like the app.

I use it pretty much daily too. Idk if the 1650 SMV is a new addition or I just missed it all this time, but I just noticed it yesterday so how providential you mentioned it!
It's actually been on there for several years. There are better dedicated apps, but it's nice in a pinch singing with others as so many people already have the app installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back