I may not walk at random

Status
Not open for further replies.

MW

Puritanboard Amanuensis
Hugh Binning, Works, p. 408:

The rule that the most part walk by is the course and example of the world. Is not this darkness, and gross darkness? Others model their duties according to their ability. They will do all they can do with ease, and without troubling themselves, and they think God may be well-pleased with that. I pray you consider and hear the word of the Lord, and law of your God. Hath he set down here the rule and perfect pattern of true religion, and will ye never so much own it, as to examine yours according to it? The scriptures are the touchstone; if you would not have a counterfeit religion deceiving you in the end, when ye have trusted to it, I pray you try it by the word of God. Oh! that this principle were once sunk into your hearts, – I may not walk at random; if I please myself, and satisfy my own will, if that be not also God’s will, I shall have neither gain nor comfort of it. His will is manifested in his word, – I will search and find what God hath required of me; for if I be not certain of his will, I may be doing all my days, and sweating out my life, and yet lose my pains and toil.

A most encouraging post in that we all should strive to walk according to His law and that the suffering we encounter by doing so is done for His sake and our reward.

"His will is manifested in his word,- I will search and find what God hath required of me..." We should tremble! But instead we continue to walk at random and not even realize it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back