I need a bit of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honor

de-cool
this has to be written really quick... I'll come back and fill in gaps later....(dinner guests comeing over at 8)

My mom is quite taken with Perry Stone and "the meal that heals" I know he's a creep, and it's all the prosperity gospel.... but it seems like... my grandparents were saved listening to him preach... so "he's got to be a real prophet":rolleyes:
anybody have any dirt on this guy???
HELP

I opened up his homepage Home - Voice of Evangelism - Perry Stone Ministries and I can tell right off the bat that he is shyster. It is more about selling stuff and God's truth right on the homepage.

Record-breaking revivals, overflow crowds, thousands of people making decisions for Christ describes the ministry of International Evangelist Perry Stone.

Another sign - record breaking revivals? How do they know that. Last - making decisions for Christ? It would need to be followed up with how many of those are still in a church to this day?

A decade before most Americans had ever heard of the Bible Code, Perry had not only heard of it, but had begun informing churches about this now famous phenomena.

The bio of Perry is all about his glory and what he has done. It is very him-focused and his records.

From statement of belief:
In the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus. First, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air. Second, to reign on the earth a thousand years.

In speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost

Related searches when Perry Stone is searched in google:
Searches related to: Perry Stone
hal lindsey kim clement benny hinn john hagee
jack van impe rod parsley bill cloud jesse duplantis

Keep searching google for him. I would like to know what others think.

I guess what has to be examined is, what are they saved to? Is it toward the true Gospel of Christ? What is their confession now that they are saved? Do they have a new relationship where they hate sin and everything that goes against the word of God?

This is hard when it is family members and it has to be handled delicately, more by example. It is subtly taking what the Stone ministry says, comparing it against the WCF and the scriptures and talking about it in conversation with the family member, not beating them over them with a surgical 2 by 4, but revealing it slowly with utmost patience.

With all due respect, and I hope no insult is taken out of this, we could probably do a lot better if we didn't throw dirt around and you engaged your family in a more reasoned manner as to his beliefs and how you feel about it. If you just bring up dirt, point out flaws etc... then they just get defensive and insulted.

Which do you respond better to?

"I HATE CALVIN BECAUSE HE IS A MURDERED *(&(@*&Y!"

or "I have trouble believing Calvinism because..."

With all due respect, and I hope no insult is taken out of this, we could probably do a lot better if we didn't throw dirt around and you engaged your family in a more reasoned manner as to his beliefs and how you feel about it. If you just bring up dirt, point out flaws etc... then they just get defensive and insulted.

Which do you respond better to?

"I HATE CALVIN BECAUSE HE IS A MURDERED *(&(@*&Y!"

or "I have trouble believing Calvinism because..."

Just wondering: what insult would be taken from it?

When correcting someone it is easy to be misunderstood and no one likes someone they don't know just pointing such things out.

I am so sorry I left ya'll high and dry... it seems that I (at the ripe old age of 26) may have RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis) and have been in a lot of pain lately.:( thank you for your help

Abd....I'm sorry my post was short before... you see I had done my own "investigation":gpl: and had presented what I knew and how I felt to my mom... I am a VERY passionate person... so my feelings were strong... she got it but she still wasn't biting if that makes since... I was hoping for some "dirt" of maybe someone publicly discounting him as a fraud. Sorry it seemed so rush rush in my post.

Friel......thank you so much... your words did help, unfortunately patience is not a strong suit of mine.. and before i read your post I had actually brought out the 2x4 but it's all good in the hood now :lol:
I believe my Grandparents were/are saved but I think it had more to do with their walk and growth "post conversion" than Mr. Stone and a prayer. But I guess we'll find out in Heaven. :judge:
Thank ya'll for the help and encouragement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back