I need help translating this phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Scibbe

Puritan Board Junior
I saw a picture of it last night online and I was wondering what this phrase means (Greek studs, please help) I will transliterate:

eroteumenos me ton christo

I can figure out "christo" but the rest I am a bit stumped. I cant wait to get into a Greek class.

I'm not familiar with the verb you cite (eroteumenos), and I just did a search for it in an electronic Greek NT (and LXX) and could not find it.

me is the first person singular personal pronoun (ironically, "me"). ton is simply the definite article for the noun which follows ("the Christ" or "the anointed one").

Depending on how me is written (is there a line over the "e" indicating a long vowel?), it could be the negative particle ("no"). In which case the last part of the phrase would be "not the Christ."

I saw a picture of it last night online and I was wondering what this phrase means (Greek studs, please help) I will transliterate:

eroteumenos me ton christo

I can figure out "christo" but the rest I am a bit stumped. I cant wait to get into a Greek class.

If you added "Eime" to the beginning of the phrase it would be "I'm in love with Christ."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back