Featured I Signed Up A While Back

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by BFG33, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BFG33

BFG33 Puritan Board Freshman

Hey everybody! My name is Brady and this is my first post. I was too scared to make a first post for two reasons. First I had no idea how to introduce myself on a discussion board. Second I am intimated by people who are my superiors in knowledge of theology and the Christian life. I now am in a place where I hope I just can learn much from you guys!

2. PuritanCovenanter

PuritanCovenanter Moderator Staff Member

Hey Brady,

No need to fear. We all have to start out learning the Gospel and getting to know a Book we probably have very little knowledge of. This is a great place to learn and grow in knowledge and love for our good and gracious God. We all have to start somewhere. We all have to learn how to do anything. No one starts out with a lot of knowledge. I am an old peace, love, and drugs guy who was drawn to the scriptures by God in 1981. LOL. I had no knowledge of God except for what I learned on the Television.

Here is my testimony. https://rpcnacovenanter.wordpress.c...eived-testimony-of-christs-work-in-my-life-2/

People are mostly patient and most willing to help all of us learn here. Most of us realize nothing comes easy. So don't be fearful. We all struggle to learn what we think we know. LOL

One thing I hope you gain is knowledge of God's word. It is Life.

Welcome to the Puritanboard brother.

You might want to get your signature set up. You can read about it here.
    https://www.puritanboard.com/help/signature/

If you need any help on how to do it just ask.

3. Cymro

Cymro Puritan Board Junior

Welcome Brady, don't worry, I still feel I am nothing but a nothing theologically, but continue to learn from these brethren everyday. Hoping to learn from you.

4. Gforce9

Gforce9 Puritan Board Junior

Welcome, Brady! :cheers2: A wise <somebody> once said that we have two ears and one mouth for good reason.....to listen twice as much as we talk..... a fine governing rule.....

5. jwithnell

jwithnell Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Welcome, Brady! Tell us about your backpacking.

6. Ed Walsh

Ed Walsh Puritan Board Sophomore

Me too. I was in the front row of Woodstock. The Lord called in 1972

Welcome, Brady.

I'm just an old dog hopefully learning new tricks.

Ed

7. Berean

Berean Puritan Board Doctor

Now you tell me. :lol:

Welcome to the PB, Brady!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. kainos01

kainos01 Puritan Board Junior

Welcome!

9. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

Greetings to another Texan.

10. BFG33

Thank you guys all for your more than gracious replies. I appreciate the warm welcome. I do love to go backpacking anywhere and everywhere. I live a bit of a vagabond bohemian lifestyle without the sins of that lifestyle. I have deeply impacted by the Jesus People movement and the Puritans. Weird mix I know. PS: Mr. Snyder I am first off encouraged by testimony and second am about to move to Indiana (LORD willing) I would love to perhaps run into you up there.

11. PhilA

PhilA Puritan Board Sophomore

Welcome

12. jambo

jambo Puritan Board Senior

Hi Brady warmest greetings and welcome to the PB.

13. Joshua

Joshua pilgrim

Welcome, Brady!

Moderator warning: No one intimate Brady. Intimation of Brady will result in swift prosecution. ;) :pilgrim:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. BFG33

Thank you Joshua lol

15. HisRobes4Mine

HisRobes4Mine Puritan Board Freshman

Welcome

16. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable Staff Member

I will refrain from hinting at anything regarding you, brother, in hopes you do not become intimidated. ;)

17. Gforce9

Gforce9 Puritan Board Junior

Things get really whacky (no pun intended) when the intimator and the intimatee are the same person (s)?!? via multiple personalities. In such a case, whom do you prosecute?

18. Edward

Edward Puritan Board Doctor

All I know is I sent him a nice greeting, and in the immediate next post he announces he's planning on fleeing Texas. :think:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  19. BFG33

Lol Edward I am leaving to go to school at Boyce College

20. OPC'n

OPC'n Puritan Board Doctor

Welcome, Brady.

21. Joshua

Joshua pilgrim

Jerry. Always Jerry.

22. Ask Mr. Religion

Ask Mr. Religion Flatly Unflappable Staff Member

Do you identify with the Paul Rudd character in My Idiot Brother? I liked the movie.

23. nicnap

nicnap Puritan Board Post-Graduate

Welcome.

24. BFG33

I do. I love the character greatly. All of my friends who have seen it tell me I am the Christian version of him.

25. YRRSBCGuy

YRRSBCGuy Puritan Board Freshman

Hey Brady, glad to have you! I see you're southern baptist. A word of warning- stay away from the paedo-baptist answers section! :lol:

26. BFG33

Hey Charles! Infant Baptism is actually something I have been wrestling with quite some time now.

27. YRRSBCGuy

YRRSBCGuy Puritan Board Freshman

[​IMG]

28. BFG33

I am not sure what to think at this point. I am pretty positive I do not agree with sprinkling or dunking at this point though. I think pouring is my mode of choice.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017