I was encouraged concerning the sting of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuritanCovenanter

The Joyful Curmudgeon
Staff member
A Sinful Woman Forgiven
Luk 7:36 One of the Pharisees asked him to eat with him, and he went into the Pharisee's house and reclined at table.
Luk 7:37 And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that he was reclining at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment,
Luk 7:38 and standing behind him at his feet, weeping, she began to wet his feet with her tears and wiped them with the hair of her head and kissed his feet and anointed them with the ointment.
Luk 7:39 Now when the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, “If this man were a prophet, he would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching him, for she is a sinner.”
Luk 7:40 And Jesus answering said to him, “Simon, I have something to say to you.” And he answered, “Say it, Teacher.”
Luk 7:41 “A certain moneylender had two debtors. One owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty.
Luk 7:42 When they could not pay, he cancelled the debt of both. Now which of them will love him more?”
Luk 7:43 Simon answered, “The one, I suppose, for whom he cancelled the larger debt.” And he said to him, “You have judged rightly.”
Luk 7:44 Then turning toward the woman he said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair.
Luk 7:45 You gave me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss my feet.
Luk 7:46 You did not anoint my head with oil, but she has anointed my feet with ointment.
Luk 7:47 Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven—for she loved much. But he who is forgiven little, loves little.”
Luk 7:48 And he said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”
Luk 7:49 Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, “Who is this, who even forgives sins?”
Luk 7:50 And he said to the woman, “Your faith has saved you; go in peace.”

One of my father figures has cancer through his body. I went to visit with him yesterday. Before we departed we embraced and he told me he is looking forward to wiping the Lord's feet with his tears when he sees Him. He has no desire to depart from his family but he does know how much more beautiful things are going to become for him.

I was feeling death nip at my arse this year as my heart valve had basically failed. I wasn't prepared for this hard providence as Steve seems to be. He has done me a great service and helped me grow up a little more. He is teaching me how to approach something I am not looking forward to. I love my boys so much. But someday I have to cross that great river of death. Steve has given me a clear sight of what I want to do. He has also helped take some of the sting of death out of my heart. He has helped me see things a bit more clearer and with less fear. I want to behold the true beauty of God and kiss those beautiful feet and eternally thank Him for His great mercy, grace, love, and for all the good things I have experienced and will experience.

The first author of Scripture quotes Job saying,
Job 19:25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
Job 19:26 And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Job 19:27 Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.

Jesus Christ said,
Joh 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

St. Paul wrote,
2Co 5:19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
2Co 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
2Co 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

I am so grateful I got to learn that the just live by faith and that Christ suffered for our sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit. Romans 1:17, 1 Peter 3:18

Very powerful. Thank you. I have spent many hours thinking about the reality that my life must one day end here. As I try to stay prepared, I am still so hesitant of the idea of leaving all who I love here. I suppose grace will be sufficient when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back