Ian Bostridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

Puritan Board Junior
I only have one of his collections, one of Bach Cantatas and Arias, but I am convinced that this man's voice is among the richest, most expressive tenor voices on the planet. He is hands down my favourite classical vocalist. Any other fans here?

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by Laura]

Ah, Ian Bostridge is still worth talking about, no worries. :)

I do not know who Paul Agnew is, though the name is familiar...

[Edited on 6-3-2006 by Laura]

I have not had a chance to hear Ian Bostridge (my new discovery is Villazón). However, I am practically certain you would like Paul Agnew. He sings with Susan Gritton on quite a few recordings --lots and lots of Handel. He is a remarkable tenor, and I can't imagine a better tenor for the oratorios.

I only have one of his collections, one of Bach Cantatas and Arias, but I am convinced that this man's voice is among the richest, most expressive tenor voices on the planet. He is hands down my favourite classical vocalist. Any other fans here?

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by Laura]

I enjoy Bostridge. I have his recent CD of Wolf lieder. (Incidentally, the great British pianist Gerald Moore once wrote that the two greatest lieder composers were Schubert and Wolf.) One critic, Jay Nordlinger, thinks that Bostridge is an acquired taste.

Are you a fan of Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau, the great German baritone? He'll be 82 in May.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back