I'd like the PRCA minutes for 1996, on singing the Psalms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Johnson

Puritan Board Junior
Hello friends, I'm wondering if anyone knows where to find the PRCA minutes from 1996. I'm specifically interested in changes to Article 69 of the Church Order of Dort, which restricts singing in the Church to the 150 psalms, the Songs of Simeon, Mary, and the Apostles Creed. Thank you for any help you can give!

Charles,
I have a complete set of the Acts of Synod of the PRCA.

At the PRCA Synod of 2000, our denomination made some changes to the Church Order. At that Synod, making changes to Article 69 was discussed. However, in the end a special committee was assigned to study the matter and bring a recommendation to the next Synod.

At the PRCA Synod of 2001, that committee brought both a majority report and a minority report. Interestingly, the recommendations of both the majority report and the minority report were defeated. In the end, the article was left unchanged.

Are you interested in those reports?

Charles,
I have a complete set of the Acts of Synod of the PRCA.

At the PRCA Synod of 2000, our denomination made some changes to the Church Order. At that Synod, making changes to Article 69 was discussed. However, in the end a special committee was assigned to study the matter and bring a recommendation to the next Synod.

At the PRCA Synod of 2001, that committee brought both a majority report and a minority report. Interestingly, the recommendations of both the majority report and the minority report were defeated. In the end, the article was left unchanged.

Are you interested in those reports?
Yes please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back