I'd like to know when I've been quoted

Status
Not open for further replies.

chbrooking

Puritan Board Junior
Being able to know when you've been quoted would help . . .

1) to be able to offer clarification if you've been misunderstood
2) to offer rebuttal if you have been argued against
3) to open your eyes to an argument you had not considered before

I know you could theoretically subscribe to any thread in which you post, but that's not how I want to use the subscription feature.

That's a good idea. I'd like to second the option.

And, maybe it could be another stat--like "Thanked x times in y posts", only "quoted x times in y posts". That would be interesting. :)

I know it's an option on other vBulletin boards I use, so maybe the admins will turn it on.

This is not an option in the vBulletin system and the only hack that did something like this stopped working about 3 versions of vBulletin ago.

As a general comment to all: there are always risks with new hacks because vBulletin patches their system regularly to deal with insecurities found in the code. Mods are not patched with the same regularity and some of the Mod writers never update their mod after the first version because software is a time-consuming process.

Sounds like a good idea but it's not available right now.

What no 'thanks' for Semper? He usually gets everyone and their dog thanking him when he does the mod thing. :gpl::lol:

Figured out how. Just search for "originally posted by ____"

Pretty obvious. And not exactly as user friendly as one would like, but it's a workaround. Be sure to include the quotation marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back