Identification Help Please? Is this the same John Andrewes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejonescue

Puritan Board Junior
Hello, a couple days ago I stumbled across PRTS's list of Puritans. Today I am going over it real quick before I get to Lyon's. I came across a gentleman by the name of John Andrewes who was not yet on my previous list (c.1582.) In EEBO-TCP there are 12 or so works from what I think is him, cept' it says fl.1615. The reason I say this is because PRDL has the gentleman list with a work entitled "Gouden trompet blazende alarm, alarm ten oordeel" and the person in EEBO-TCP has a work entitled "A golden trumpet sounding an alarum to judgment the sound whereof was." I know when dealing with these older works there can be some discrepancy in dates. Just thought I would ask for clarification from someone more knowledgeable. Any help would be appreciated.
andrewes1.jpg andrewes2.jpg .

Yes they're the same.

The Golden Trumpet in EEBO starts As Adam sléeping securely in his transgression...

The one in PRDL starts the same, only in Dutch.

The fl. 1615 seems to be based on his most known work having been published in that year (see p.407 here)

Last edited:
Yes they're the same.

The Golden Trumpet in EEBO starts As Adam sléeping securely in his transgression...

The one in PRDL starts the same, only in Dutch.

The fl. 1615 seems to be based on his most known work having been published in that year (see p.407 here)
Thank you so much for the response. Will add him to the list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back