IE Security Flaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this Andrew. This IE security flaw seems to potentially open up our PayPal and banking passwords to hackers. Has anyone switched to other browsing software? I see Firefox 3 is out now.

Thanks, Andrew.

Just made the switch.

:rant:
This gets tiresome. Someone always manages to break Microsoft. Grr.

I have installed Firfox. However there are some applications that do not work as well using Firefox as they did with IE. Unless Firefox 3 has ironed these issues out

I will check with my ISP. For now, my settings are high, which is a pain in the ... neck. For instance, when I post this the computer will warn me that I may be sending personal information and ask me if I really want to post...

I just started using Google Chrome. It has some nice features, but is still in Beta... and it shows. Perhaps it's because I've been using IE for so long, but Chrome doesn't seem nearly as intuitive.

If I am understanding this correctly, I switched over to Mozilla Firefox after reading all this.

Almost unnoticed, it looks like a Mozilla browser is automatically installed now with recent IE packages.

Thanks for posting this Andrew. This IE security flaw seems to potentially open up our PayPal and banking passwords to hackers. Has anyone switched to other browsing software? I see Firefox 3 is out now.

Great! I've never had a PayPal account until yesterday.

Can I just dump my PayPal account so the info disappears?

Great! I've never had a PayPal account until yesterday.

Can I just dump my PayPal account so the info disappears?

I haven't done anything different with my accounts. I just use the Firefox 3 software rather than Internet Explorer to be safe.

I noticed Thursday that Microsoft had updates that needed to be installed on my computer, but didn't check what they were for. Is it possible they have corrected the issue? If corrected, you should be safe. It's too late for me though, I really like Firefox 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back