If you could only have 1 book of the bible which would it be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Romans too! Glad we don't have to pick! However, the persecuted church does. They get one page of the Bible and have to pass it along to other people. We can help get Bibles into their hands though! Go here and put one into their hands!

Given my existing awareness of the teaching of the NT, I would say Psalms. If I was not aware of NT teaching I would agree with Romans.

I would second the Gospel of John. Not only does it have blatantly Reformed theology seeping out the cracks, it's a good choice for evangelism.

I lean towards Psalms simply because all of Scripture is the Word of God, and with Psalms you get alot of Scripture. Plus, you can use it to sing praises to the Lord as well.

Another vote for John, but with the request, I would write an impassioned plea for Romans, Psalms, Isaiah, Galatians, Philippians and John's epistles, among, oh, maybe 57 others. ;)

Margaret

Given my existing awareness of the teaching of the NT, I would say Psalms. If I was not aware of NT teaching I would agree with Romans.

Either I'm extremely tired and I misread that or is that backwards? :think:

I would have to say Psalms or Isaiah, hard choice.

It would have to be one of the Gospels. Without the "good news" the rest of the Bible is opaque. I would hate to lose even one book, but I can't imagine being deprived of the story of Jesus. With just one Gospel (Matthew or Luke), I could stand amazed at His birth, watch His early life of quiet obedience, hear the Father proclaim pleasure at His baptism, learn from His words, be silenced by His miracles, be comforted by His compassion, be corrected by His rebukes, identify with His disciples of little faith, agonize and rejoice at His wounding and crucifixion, exult in His resurrection, and take courage at His Great Commission.

Hmm... I think I'll go read now.

Gospel of John was my first thought, but this is a terrible hypothetical to consider.

True.

Come to think of it, I changed my mind. I'd want my 1 book to be my NIV-KJV parallel Bible. After all, it's only one *book*, and it's of the Bible, isn't it? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back