If you think MMA is evil and Christians should not like it-this post aint for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReformedWretch

Puritan Board Doctor
Anyone else excited for the Couture vs Lesner fight tonight? I can't wait! I want Randy to take the young, arrogant, inexperienced punk out but I know one solid punch from the monster Lesner can end it.

Sadly I don't think Randy will ever face Fedor. I can't see Fedor signing with UFC nor UFC sharing or co-promoting their fighters.

Not going to watch the fight, but all I have to say is that I thought Lesnar was scary-looking when he was in wrestling, and I still think he's scary looking now. They sure do grow 'em big out in the country.

Neither one will cave. Dana wants all UFC fighter on exclusive contracts and Fedor refuses to be tied to one place.

The only way you beat Brock is by not getting hit by him. Randy did that for a round and a half, not long enough. I don't see Brock winning his next fight though. We'll see...

I only titled this thread as I did because in the past if anyone brought MMA up it always turned into a thread about Christian liberty.

Down with liberty, up with rules,
that's how I earn my Christian jewels!
:banghead:

I'd rather go fishing though...

I only titled this thread as I did because in the past if anyone brought MMA up it always turned into a thread about Christian liberty.

I know. I was just trying to be clever. Guess it didn't work! :lol:

I studied Tang Soo Do for a few years. So I am partial to that form.

In my humble opinion, MMA is little more than "professional wrestling" that really does hurt. Seldom is there any true form involved, and most often just turns into a free-for-all.

I guess I'm just a purist when it comes to such things.

Lesnar's victory was expected, but I also expect him to get picked apart by the winner of the Noguera/Mir fight for the Interim Heavyweight Title. We'll see.

I was pretty shocked by the outcome of the fight. From the looks of it, I think a good jiu jitsu fighter could beat Brock. I thought Randy was doing fine throughout the fight, but there's only so much a man can take coming in with those big fists...

Were these two men similar in weight? From looking at the pictures of them both, it seems like Lesnar is carrying quite a bit more weight than the other guy.

I MISSED IT!!!!!!! i can not believe that!!! I was so amped up for that fight!!!!! man I can not believe that!!!!!! so Brock won??? that's a shame

There is some talk about changing the weight class a little. Lesnar had to cut weight to get to the 265lb limit and he said he expected to weight around 275 when he fought, Randy walked in at 220lbs.

I MISSED IT!!!!!!! i can not believe that!!! I was so amped up for that fight!!!!! man I can not believe that!!!!!! so Brock won??? that's a shame

Yep, Brock won. I think Big Nog will beat Mir and go on to beat Lesner. The next UFC ppv is an all star show. I wouldn't suggest missing that one!

Hmm... I don't know. It's kind of a sad commentary that a WWE wrestler comes into MMA and dominates it though, just by sheer strength and speed. It makes me wonder about the standard for the MMA heavy weights as contrasted with other heavy athletes.

Hmm... I don't know. It's kind of a sad commentary that a WWE wrestler comes into MMA and dominates it though, just by sheer strength and speed. It makes me wonder about the standard for the MMA heavy weights as contrasted with other heavy athletes.

Lesnar was a legit wrestler before he went into the WWE.

From Wiki : Lesnar attended Webster High School in Webster, South Dakota where he managed to have a 33-0 record in his senior year.[16] Lesnar later attended the University of Minnesota on a full wrestling scholarship for his junior and senior years of college; his roommate was fellow professional wrestler Shelton Benjamin who also served as Lesnar's assistant coach.[17] Lesnar won the 2000 NCAA wrestling championship as a heavyweight after placing second in 1999. Prior to joining the Minnesota Golden Gophers, Lesnar also wrestled at Bismarck State College in Bismarck, North Dakota.[3] Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA heavyweight champion with a record of 106-5 overall in four years of college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back