I'm back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyFlynt

Puritan Board Doctor
Boy it's been a trip!

The weekend before we had ppl make a fradulent call to DCFS on us. The Social workers were wonderful and could tell the person was causing trouble before they even arrived. They dismissed it right off.

We traveled through three states of flat cornfields. Spent the night in the Ohio Valley right before crossing to WV. WV was beautiful...then we got on the PA turnpike right about Pittsburgh. We arrived and then ppl from my bil's church arrived to unload us. We went into Lancaster for supper.

I woke up the next morning with the flu. Throughout the week I dealt with it and the kids experienced it one day a piece. Hubby got a bad cold instead. I ended up at the doctor's for meds to keep my sensitive stomach down. We ended up with a flat tire on the way and lost. We pulled into Hinklestown Mennonite Church and my MIL called on the cell and told us to stay put while she came to get us. I walked in (cheapest doctor because they are self pay only, no insurance) and I find that everyone is mennonite or charity. Good thing I pulled a covering out of the van before I walked in...I looked good...dragging, hair down down my back, and wearing hubby's flannel shirt!

We went to the OPC in Reading the next Sunday...we had visited with the pastor on Saturday. We loved it. And the insurance lady is PCA in Ephrata...I'm thinking of seeing if they have any lady's bible studies there.

The children have started school back up...that's going good. Just trying to get used to the food around here (MIL and SIL did the grocery shopping...they picked up some interesting things...as long as no one offers me scrapple, we'll be okay).

I am so glad to be online again. I've been terribly lonely for friends this past week. My library is unpacked...due to no bookcases the books are stacked along all the wall space available in the living room. We are renting from an Old Order Family (horse and buggy for those not in the know). We are trying to get them to permit us a coal or wood stove. The oil goes fast here (we're used to gas). They would have to build us a chimney, but the stove can be had for a couple hundred and my BIL knows where to get a truckload of wood for $10.

Welcome to Pa. Coleen! Just in time for the freezing weather. My wife and I had considered that exact OPC church but went to the PCA instead. Now that we ive 5 minutes from the Church, we have more proof of God's providence.

I'll talk to my wife about that. When you go to the Reading churh you're 20 minutes from my former work place.

I was in a little town right outside Reading (toward Lebanon). Philly is still 60 minutes or so from Reading.

[Edited on 12-8-2005 by houseparent]

"The weekend before we had ppl make a fradulent call to DCFS on us. The Social workers were wonderful and could tell the person was causing trouble before they even arrived. They dismissed it right off."

Do you know it was? There are things you can do about that if so.

They wouldn't tell us. They implied it was a possible neighbor...but most of the neighbors don't know all our children's names and those that did wouldn't have done it. We suspect my family who we have not been in contact with, but had found out our address two weeks before we moved (I know from a nasty note sent by my step grandmother to my son about not telling them we had moved).

Colleen I am so sorry about the troubles with DCFS. I have known several christian families that have been reported for no other reason than just because they could and then remain anonymous.

I gathered from your post that you are not close to family... I'm not either and have been victimized more than once by their....let's just say uncharitable ways......

PS like your blog

For those who homeschool, it is good to sign up with the Home School Legal Defense Association. They will provide legal representation in these kinds of situations.

Colleen!!!

yahooo!!! Welcome back to the board my friend!!!
yupi3ti.gif

I made the mistake of not calling HSLDA right away. However the house was nearly empty, the social worker could tell we were in the middle of leaving. I did however have one of the HSLDA attorneys on the phone when the second one came on Monday to close the case. She had to distribute educational material and the "you know to put a baby on their back, to have smoke detectors, etc". The attorney said she did everything right. The end.

Colleen do tell us if Adam's barbcue doesn't cut it. :)

congratulations on the new move. Your kids will have good colleges to go to. Penn State in state tuition, Univ of Pittsburgh, Duquesne, etc.

Good to see a fellow Moderator back! We even had another thread on head coverings but it wasn't the same without you. ;)

Originally posted by wsw201
Good to see a fellow Moderator back! We even had another thread on head coverings but it wasn't the same without you. ;)

Where, where?!:candle: I wanna see!!
bouncingsmilie8mk.gif

:lol:

As far as colleges go...I'm aiming for Patrick Henry first and then to one of the best medical schools for my oldest and (not sure yet for the second son).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back