I'm going to be upgrading the board to version 2.1 soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the "New Posts" button on the top left? Will any of other skins/themes be installed? Right now there appears to be only one.
If you just go to Forums then Recent Posts appears on the top. You don't have to click on any buttons.

I just loaded a second theme called Xenforo. I'm working on adding a final theme, PB Dark.

If you just go to Forums then Recent Posts appears on the top. You don't have to click on any buttons.

I just loaded a second theme called Xenforo. I'm working on adding a final theme, PB Dark.
People are saying they have no link to change their PB Style. I see it; it may be only showing up for Admin and maybe Mods.

Where is it? I can't see well enough to figure it out.
That's what it is. The BB code shows it came over in the copy paste. So, as Emily Litella used to say, "nevermind."
TABLE]
TR]
TD]"The celebration of set anniversary days is no necessary mean for conserving the commemoration of the benefits of redemption, because we have occasion, not only every Sabbath day, but every other day, to call to mind these benefits, either in hearing, or reading, or meditating upon God’s word. 'I esteem and judge that the days consecrated to Christ must be lifted,' says Danæus: 'Christ is born, is circumcised, dies, rises again for us every day in the preaching of the Gospel.'" George Gillespie, "A Dispute Against the English Popish Ceremonies," 1.7.6.[/TD]
/TR]
/TABLE]

I've been holding off on this for a couple of years. Xenforo 2.0 came out a couple of years ago but I just didn't have the time to do the upgrade. I need to upgrade in order to make sure the software is secure and supported. It will also permit some new features.

Most of the functionality will be maintained. I just spent several hours going through every Add-On. Most of them will come over to the upgraded site but things are bound to be a little different.

I'll let you know soon when I'll be planning to put the board into maintenance mode and then start the upgrade process.

Thank you Rich for maintaining this site.

As someone in IT, I am well aware how often the feedback that is given, is only the things that have gone wrong and how appreciated the few who remember to provide positive feedback (to remind the others of this).

Thanks

The more I use the new interface the more I love it. Thanks for the update @Semper Fidelis !
It is really nice. I had been resisting the upgrade because there was so much work to be done but it was an increasing security risk to leave things as they were. We're now running on the latest version of PHP and I even upgraded the search cluster.

I think performance has improved quite a bit as well.

No rush, Rich, but it looks like Google SSO (AKA connected accounts) for logging in is not working. Take your time on that one; I can authenticate manually, so no biggie.

Overall, I like the look and feel, but as a resident new guy, I had not become attached to the old layout yet.
@Semper Fidelis , any thoughts on getting Google SSO re-enabled? It appears to still not be working post upgrade.

Thanks for all of your hard work on this; love the layout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back