I'm Mad As @#%&!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueridge Believer

Puritan Board Professor
Over the thanksgiving holiday my brother, who lives in Tenn, came to visit. While he was here he came to church with me and brought his son and grandson with him. His grandson lives here in my town. He's 8 yrs old. His Great-grandfather is a pastor of a Grace Brethren church here in this area. When the kid came to church I gave him a Bible from a small stock that I had bought to give to visitors or whoever needed one. He was so PROUD of that Bible! Anyway, the kid took it to school with him the other day for show and tell and his teacher told him he couldn't bring it back. I think I'm going crazy right now.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
This is Virginia--southwest Virginia in the Blue Ridge mnts! What is happening???
This is a nation who wants GOD to bless it???

I don't blame you. I'd be very angry as well.

I don't know if I'll ever have children, but if I do, there's no way they're going to public school. I don't want them getting indoctrinated in a worldview that wants nothing less than to trample my God under their feet.

Tell him that he very well can take it to school. As long as he reads it on his own time and is not causing a disturbance by doing so.

This court battle has been fought so many times it's ludicrious. And it has almost always ended in favor of the child.

Yes he can have his bible at school!! He can read it on his own time!!

This ticks me off too brother. When will these teachers learn!?
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

And make sure to encourage him in his love of the Scriptures; what a sorrow to hear of his excitement over that Bible being crushed by a stupid pawn of the system.

And yet, people (many in my own congregation) still think the system is "neutral" (as if neutrality were possible!).

Recall, James, our beloved Pulaski County will not allow Young Life in its schools, while "liberal" Montgomery County (directly east), does and has for a long time.

I am more and more convinced that you and I live in one of the most anti-gospel areas in the country.

Blueridge reformer;

Get the address to the school, go to the ACLJ's website http://www.aclj.org/Issues/ look up the legal informatoin concerning this issue and have them send it to the school (County School Board OR The Teacher) or both.

For those who have the issue with not having Christian clubs meeting at the schools...yet opening the school doors to secular clubs....have THAT information sent to the school board as well.

Get the information yourselves and read up on it...keep informed, typically it only takes a letter from the ACLJ and them sending the information to the schools to get them to back off and realize THEY are going against the law.

Over the thanksgiving holiday my brother, who lives in Tenn, came to visit. While he was here he came to church with me and brought his son and grandson with him. His grandson lives here in my town. He's 8 yrs old. His Great-grandfather is a pastor of a Grace Brethren church here in this area. When the kid came to church I gave him a Bible from a small stock that I had bought to give to visitors or whoever needed one. He was so PROUD of that Bible! Anyway, the kid took it to school with him the other day for show and tell and his teacher told him he couldn't bring it back. I think I'm going crazy right now.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
This is Virginia--southwest Virginia in the Blue Ridge mnts! What is happening???
This is a nation who wants GOD to bless it???

Parents & future parents: make it easy on yourselves. Properly identify this godless State and its Public School system or Internment Camps for Pre-Adults if you prefer, as enemies of God and his Word.

Then, you and your offspring will not take part in their iniquity and all will be well.

Home school. :)

Parents & future parents: make it easy on yourselves. Properly identify this godless State and its Public School system or Internment Camps for Pre-Adults if you prefer, as enemies of God and his Word.

Then, you and your offspring will not take part in their iniquity and all will be well.

I believe home schooling is going to become a requirement if you're to have any hope of having your kids not turn out to be savages. This country hates God and his Son Jesus Christ. It's a moral toilet.

mangum;

With all due respect, we all may as well join a monestary or commune...and stay completely seperate from everyone in which we are to live with that attitude.

If every Christian family sent their kids to private school or homeschooled them, how are these kids really going to learn to stand firm in their own faith against adversity?

I have witnessed many kids who were homeschooled all through elementary and junior high, then their parents send them into the public high schools, expecting them to be a witness. The parents end up pulling them out because the kids can't handle the peer pressure, because they have only been exposed to those of like mind up to that point.

If you feel led to homeschool your kids, then great by all means do so. however, I will continue to send my Christian kids to public schools, and continue to teach and encourage them to stand firm and be a witness to their faith in Christ when faced with the temptation to follow the crowd.

I will continue to teach my son when he see's kids being picked on, to stand against the crowd who is doing the picking on...even if he gets in trouble with the principal or certain teachers in the process and ends up with a pile of referals and days in ISS because of it.

I've had more teachers tell me how much these kids look up to him because he's not afraid to stand against the bullies, and he's not afraid to take the punishment for it...He may not like it...and he may come home angry and frustrated and complain to me about it...but I use those times to teach and encourage him in his faith, and how to pray for those who persecute him when he takes a stand. If he were homeschooled, it wouldn't be the same.

The principal of his school hates me, because I refuse to teach my son to keep his mouth shut and stay out of it. In essence, I refuse to allow him to grow up to become a girlie boy/man, like many of the boys at the school will become one day.

So again, those who have a calling to homeschool your kids, great do so, but understand there are others of us, who see the public school system as our mission field and useful training ground for our kids to practice their faith while they are still at home.

Last edited:
I have bibles all over the place.

He can def. take it to school.

As a matter of fact, I'm a Math Teacher in a liberal Los Angeles public school, I've hosted Bible Clubs over the years, I've made announcements, I have a set in my classroom, that kids are free to pick up and read anytime they want, some do during quiet reading time....so Bibles are allowed in school....some teachers just don't get that...I've had a few, in the beginning, come up, all excited..."Are you teaching religion in schools?! Pretty crazy how worked up some can get...but I just keep doing it.

I have my "Practical Religion", my "Church History", my Devotionals, my Heid. Cat....all over my desk....I've had Principals, and heads of the district in my class, never a problem.

My brother in the Lord, who used to help me with class before he retired, had a substitute teacher report him for having the a Proverb up on the board....he would put one up each day.....and when they came to talk to him about it, he just pulled out the ole' World History Textbook....and there in their own textbook, it had scriptures in the chapters about Judaism......

I remember one girl, she was amazing...at 12 years old, a love for God, and a love for His Word like you wouldn't believe...she knew her bible...she'd bring it everyday, she'd read it by the b-ball courts, and in the classroom...that was one of my first years teaching, she still inspires me, reminds me of how God can place faith so strong in those so young. Awesome!

Anyway, just some of my experiences with God in public school.

mangum;
With all due respect, we all may as well join a monestary or commune...and stay completely seperate from everyone in which we are to live with that attitude.

Also with respect, this statement is nonsense. Who has said for us to live completely separate from everyone?

This “attitude” is one that believes it is wicked sin to freely choose to send little children to an institution which openly teaches sin and rebellion against God. Speaking of a monastery, let’s consider this. My children are actually involved with the community. The public schooled ones are not. They meet and greet people from all walks of life. Sinners and saints. Old, young, disabled, black, white, grocers, bankers, etc. The State houses children in a strange lab-type environment, blocked-off from the world, sitting all day, taught one way to the exclusion of others, consisting of only the child’s peers and most times their own races. THIS is more akin to a monastery. It is a false environment that does not correspond to reality.

If every Christian family sent their kids to private school or homeschooled them, how are these kids really going to learn to stand firm in their own faith against adversity?

Why stop there? Let's send our teenage sons to the local brothel so they can learn to resist temptation and “stand firm”. How about letting them be taught at a Mormon temple? Should we consider such a thing a nice comparing and contrasting lesson? Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.” And, "Whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm."

Did God tell his people Israel to send their little ones to the Philistines to be educated so they will learn to “stand firm in their own faith”? Or was it a requirement that they all be taught the statutes and precepts of God BY the Israelites?

I have witnessed many kids who were homeschooled all through elementary and junior high, then their parents send them into the public high schools, expecting them to be a witness. The parents end up pulling them out because the kids can't handle the peer pressure, because they have only been exposed to those of like mind up to that point.

I know you don’t mean to insult and I’m thankful for your gracious words. But the argument “I know of this case X here…and this happened…” has no relevance what so ever. Shall I respond with the comment “Many of the kids of Christian parents I know who attended public school become fornicators, drunkards, and apostates.”

Between the two:

1)A child who has been indoctrinated his whole life in the ways of the world and taught that God is irrelevant– State schools.

2)A child who has been indoctrinated his whole life in the ways of God as per His commandments – Christian parents/teachers training God’s covenant people.

Which is more likely to walk according to God’s ways?

If you feel led to homeschool your kids, then great by all means do so. however, I will continue to send my Christian kids to public schools, and continue to teach and encourage them to stand firm and be a witness to their faith in Christ when faced with the temptation to follow the crowd.

Ok. But to sum this up, you are sending God’s children he blessed you with to an institution that openly advocates hatred for God and his ways. This is training your children for the majority of their hours CONTRARY to God’s Word. Is this ideal?

I will continue to teach my son when he see's kids being picked on, to stand against the crowd who is doing the picking on...even if he gets in trouble with the principal or certain teachers in the process and ends up with a pile of referals and days in ISS because of it.

Please, do so. So will I. They will be taught what God requires of them. Just as they will be taught that fornication is evil and those who practice it will go to hell. I just won’t hold their little hands and go to the brothel for a field trip. ;)

I've had more teachers tell me how much these kids look up to him because he's not afraid to stand against the bullies, and he's not afraid to take the punishment for it...He may not like it...and he may come home angry and frustrated and complain to me about it...but I use those times to teach and encourage him in his faith, and how to pray for those who persecute him when he takes a stand. If he were homeschooled, it wouldn't be the same.

“If he were homeschooled, it wouldn't be the same.” Not sure what you mean to say by this.

The principal of his school hates me, because I refuse to teach my son to keep his mouth shut and stay out of it. In essence, I refuse to allow him to grow up to become a girlie boy/man, like many of the boys at the school will become one day.

Yes, I refuse to let this happen too. That’s why he’s not in public school.

So again, those who have a calling to homeschool your kids, great do so, but understand there are others of us, who see the public school system as our mission field and useful training ground to practice their faith while they are still at home.

I think Christians “have a calling” to not let the enemies of Christ teach their precious children to hate God and disobey his law.

You say, “…who see the public school system as our mission field and useful training ground to practice their faith while they are still at home.”

If it’s your mission field why are you sending your children to it? Should we also send our children to the mission field in Ecuador? Do you believe that children are mature enough to do this?

We are not supposed to use our children as missionaries for our goals. God has in no way commanded his people to do this. Quite the contrary. We teach them, train them, and prepare them their lives as adults.

Bottom line is: God wants His people to train their children...not his enemies.

I understand many of these words can seem harsh to some. They are not meant to hurt but to shed light on this very important topic.

Public school is not, definitely not, a mission field to which we send our children. It may be a potential mission field for the church, but our children and our family values are not direct missionaries sent out by the churches. They are examples in society.

But I have as much difficulty with sending my children to Christian schools.

Just remember that some of us don't have any choice anymore. Whatever the circumstances, some of us do not have any choice. So we face the challenges. We learn that we have to teach our children how to avoid giving opportunity for persecution, how to have friends without being influenced by their society, how to stand for the faith without being the cause of friction and rancour, and such things. We have to teach them, so to speak, to take their Bible to school, but not for show-and-tell. (But we found that out the same way that this boy did.)

Our children will have to live in the society sooner or later. I'm not saying that this is reason enough to introduce them early to it; but I am saying that some of us have no choice, and that we have to deal with it on a day-to-day basis.

Public school is not, definitely not, a mission field to which we send our children. It may be a potential mission field for the church, but our children and our family values are not direct missionaries sent out by the churches. They are examples in society.

But I have as much difficulty with sending my children to Christian schools.

:agree:

. . .to freely choose to send little children to an institution which openly teaches sin and rebellion against God . . .

Note (in bold) the "freely choose to send little children..." Of course the people of God are in often times and in various places forced under satanic oppression against their wills. But having the option and then to choose to send your children into darkness . . .

On a side note let me be plain. Many who are "forced" to do things in this country (I'm not referring to you) are "forced" to by their own desires and lifestyles.

you go Chris. Not much to add to that.

John I know what you mean. Sometimes we simply must make the best of a bad situation. That is not the same however as 'rejoicing' in the decision. After all it is a "bad situation" by definition if your children are under the controll/influence of the ungodly all day.

:agree:

Note (in bold) the "freely choose to send little children..." Of course the people of God are in often times and in various places forced under satanic oppression against their wills. But having the option and then to choose to send your children into darkness . . .

On a side note let me be plain. Many who are "forced" to do things in this country (I'm not referring to you) are "forced" to by their own desires and lifestyles.

:amen:

And yet, people (many in my own congregation) still think the system is "neutral" (as if neutrality were possible!).

Recall, James, our beloved Pulaski County will not allow Young Life in its schools, while "liberal" Montgomery County (directly east), does and has for a long time.

I am more and more convinced that you and I live in one of the most anti-gospel areas in the country.

What's odd is Young Life is allowed in Radford High school. Go figure. I say this instance is a "teacher" thing. I will investigate further after I get a chance to talk with young Bradley again.

mangum;

This “attitude” is one that believes it is wicked sin to freely choose to send little children to an institution which openly teaches sin and rebellion against God.

There in lies the difference, God has convicted you of it being a 'wicked sin' to send your kids to the public schools in your area, I have not been convicted of that concerning this issue.

And in that the county in which I live, the majority of the teachers do not teach rebellion against God, I am very blest. I have also been very blest to have some teachers include the bible as a teaching tool, when it comes to learning history. And they can do so as long as they can show how it will fit in with the state requirements for teaching their classes.

So while I understand your concerns over many school districts around the country, thus far, I do not have those concerns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back