I'm On iTunes! I'm a rumor in my own time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobVigneault

Bawberator
Wooohooo! I have an album on iTunes. It's described as comedy but that's only partly true. There are 4 funny songs and 5 serious songs on the album. There's a song about a girl who talks on her cell phone while driving, a song about a church potluck supper and the funniest song ever written - The Woman's Retreat. It's a song about an unfortunate church service where all the women are at the woman's retreat.

There a serious retelling of the woman caught in adultery (Broken Dolly), of John the Baptist in prison (Doubting Heart) and a few more.

Go to iTunes and buy this album. If I had sold a million songs last month I wouldn't have had to sell my hair. If I don't sell a million this month then I'm going to sell my lungs.

If you want to hear a couple of the songs in their entirety, go to my myspace page here.

You'll be able to listen to the title track 'The Heartbeat of Heaven' and 'The 'Woman's Retreat'.

Then go to the iTunes Store and type in 'Bob Vigneault'.

This album would make a great gift for your tone deaf relatives. I've suffered for many years for my music, now help me let someone else have a turn.

I assume that's your singing. Very good. Who are the background singers and where did you record it?

Also, do you have an a capella Psalms singing version?

Yes that is me singing. The background singers are the famous Bawbrelles and it was recorded live at a mime convention and hence you don't hear any crowd noises... or applause..... yeah, that's why there's no applause.

Clive Baker says he doesn't hear a single hit on the album but what does that old fogey know. Neil Peart laid down the drum track on Woman's Retreat but I redid them at the last minute in the studio.

I'm sorry Rich, did you want me to do this straight? :D

The Women's Retreat song is the favorite of many, it was the most requested back when I was doing concerts. I went to a church where there really was a service where preparation hadn't been made for communion. During the service the deacons were literally breaking up hot dog buns for the time of communion.

The Potluck Supper song was a favorite out on the east coast. It's a song about the dominance of pasta at potluck suppers. It begins with this recitation:

'Now the art of the potluck supper, is a weakness in the church,
The connoisseur of a balanced diet is left hanging in the lurch
By that over abundant supply of every church member's foe
"The abomination of desolation", the macaroni casserole.'

OK John, I added The Potluck Supper song to the MySpace page. In return, download iTunes, it's free. Buy the song, it's 99 cents - NINETY NINE CENTS!!! What is that, that's like a few pieces of red licorice. I sweat blood for these songs buddy! :cheers2:

Thank you Joshua for being my friend on myspace. I don't have many friends (one) but I sure have quality. :D

I am amazed how many of you are on myspace. I am at a lost how to edit backgrounds and graphics on that site.

Yes he did. He was a very witty singer/songwriter who was a prog rock fanatic. He was a friend of Neal Morse and the guys in Spock's Beard, and worked on one of their albums. At one point he was in demand as a producer. Also wrote several of Sheryl Crowe's hit songs (you can read about that drama elsewhere).

He did a lot of pop/folk/prog stuff that influenced Neal Morse a lot. Your singing style reminded me of his solo album titled Thud. I'd recommend it, you might enjoy it. He also has a great album under the moniker Toy Matinee. That's all I've heard by him, but he's kind of become a posthumous legend in the prog rock world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back