In addition to sizzling burgers, ...???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Ivan
It's brats in Wisconsin!!

Michigan too! Whenever you go to a summer cook out here, someone has some beer brats to grill. Personally I can't stand 'em. They're not like the bratwurst I grew up with.

Originally posted by Plimoth Thom
It's brats in Wisconsin!!

Michigan too! Whenever you go to a summer cook out here, someone has some beer brats to grill. Personally I can't stand 'em. They're not like the bratwurst I grew up with.

It's always bratwurst in Cincinnati too, bein' the old German town that it is. As long as I get my German brats on the grill, America can keep her franks!

Anybody planning to bbq this holiday weekend?
bbq2.gif

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
bbq2.gif

Mmmmmmmmmmm..... I can almost smell the hot dogs sizzling my web page...
:)

Wait a minute, that must be the week-old hot dog I put on a paperplate on top of the computer monitor. Nevermind!
:barfy:

99 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 98 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 98 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 97 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 97 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 97 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 96 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 96 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 96 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 95 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 95 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 95 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 94 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 94 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 94 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 93 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 93 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 93 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 92 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 92 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 92 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 91 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 91 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 91 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 90 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 90 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 90 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 89 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 89 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 89 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 88 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 88 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 88 bottles of beer, take one down pass it around, 87 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 87 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 87 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 86 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 86 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 86 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 85 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 85 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 85 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 84 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 84 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 84 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 83 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 83 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 83 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 82 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 82 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 81 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 81 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 81 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 80 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 80 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 80 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 79 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 79 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 79 Bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 78 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 78 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 78 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 77 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 77 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 77 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 76 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 76 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 76 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 75 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 75 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 75 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 74 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 74 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 74 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 73 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 73 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 73 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 72 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 72 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 72 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 71 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 71 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 71 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 70 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 70 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 70 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 69 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 69 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 69 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 68 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 68 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 68 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 67 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 67 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 67 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 66 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 66 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 66 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 65 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 65 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 65 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 64 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 64 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 64 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 63 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 63 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 63 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 62 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 62 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 62 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 61 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 61 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 61 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 60 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 60 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 60 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 59 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 59 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 59 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 58 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 58 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 58 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 57 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 57 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 57 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 56 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 56 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 56 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 55 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 55 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 55 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 54 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 54 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 54 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 53 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 53 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 53 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 52 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 52 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 52 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 51 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 51 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 51 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 50 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 50 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 50 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 49 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 49 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 49 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 48 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 48 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 48 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 47 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 47 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 47 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 46 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 46 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 46 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 45 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 45 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 45 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 44 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 44 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 44 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 43 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 43 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 43 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 42 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 42 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 42 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 41 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 41 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 41 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 40 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 40 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 40 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 39 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 39 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 39 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 38 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 38 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 38 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 37 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 37 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 37 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 36 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 36 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 36 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 35 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 35 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 35 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 34 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 34 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 34 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 33 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 33 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 33 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 32 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 32 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 32 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 31 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 31 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 31 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 30 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 30 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 30 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 29 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 29 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 29 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 28 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 28 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 28 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 27 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 27 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 27 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 26 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 26 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 26 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 25 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 25 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 25 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 24 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 24 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 24 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 23 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 23 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 23 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 22 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 22 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 22 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 21 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 21 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 21 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 20 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 20 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 20 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 19 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 19 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 19 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 18 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 18 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 18 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 17 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 17 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 17 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 16 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 16 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 16 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 15 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 15 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 15 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 14 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 14 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 14 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 13 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 13 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 13 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 12 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 12 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 12 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 11 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 11 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 11 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 10 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 10 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 10 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 9 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 9 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 9 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 8 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 8 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 8 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 7 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 7 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 7 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 6 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 6 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 6 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 5 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 5 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 5 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 4 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 4 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 4 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 3 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 3 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 3 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 2 bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 2 Bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 2 bottles of beer, take one down, pass it around, 1 bottle of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall. 1 Bottle of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall, 1 bottle of beer, take one down, pass it around, no more bottles of Samuel Adams lager beer on the wall.

2004-08-19_132221_Samuel_Adams_Beer.jpg

:pilgrim: Puritanhead passes out on the floor from the sheer exhilaration that went into this post.

Since you asked...

The Beer butt chicken someone mentioned above is good.

Also to kick-up your burgers a notch try mixing (powder form) ranch dressing mix in with the meat before forming the patties.

But, for the best bbq its gotta be ribs slooooow cooked over hickory.

For the 4th I am smoking a 18 lbs pork shoulder (pulled pork) and six racks of pork spareribs. I have nevcer used hickory to smoke. I use mesquite wood instead. In AZ it is easy to come by. I just save the pieces that I trim off in the winter. The pork shoulder will take about 8 hours and the ribe usually are done in about 6. For the ribs I use a Kansas City type dry rub and the pork shoulder gets a vinegar suace mop.

Dont worry I will think about you all as I enjoy my holiday meat fest.

:banana:

Originally posted by Puritanhead
bbq2.gif

Mmmmmmmmmmm..... I can almost smell the hot dogs sizzling my web page...
:)

Wait a minute, that must be the week-old hot dog I put on a paperplate on top of the computer monitor. Nevermind!
:barfy:

:lol:

bbq2.gif

Well, between working overnight, preaching on Sunday morning and a few other responsibilities to attend to, I think I'll get to bed as soon as possible (nothing like sleeping during the day and working at night), but you can send over some BBQ to my place if you like!

bbq2.gif

Well, between working overnight, preaching on Sunday morning and a few other responsibilities to attend to, I think I'll get to bed as soon as possible (nothing like sleeping during the day and working at night), but you can send over some BBQ to my place if you like!

Praying for God's blessing upon your preaching this Lord's Day. If it's not too far ;) come on down to Virginia after you're done and we'll fix you right up!

ncbarbecue.jpg

Praying for God's blessing upon your preaching this Lord's Day. If it's not too far ;) come on down to Virginia after you're done and we'll fix you right up!

Thank you, Andrew. I'd LOVE to come to Virginia, but maybe another time. Many, MANY years ago my ancestors lived in Virginia. I'm not sure for how long, but they arrived some time in the later 1600's from Ireland. Closest I've been is Washington, D.C. Of course, during our trip we were in Virginia for a time, Arlington in particularly. I'd love to see the Civil War sites of the state and then take a trip to Gettysburg.

BTW, my great-great grandfather was in the Confederate Army. The family was living in Arkansas then.

....well, I'm rambling. Sorry.

Originally posted by Richard King
I don't want to offend any PETA folks but I have more than once thrown a nice fat freshly skinned rattlesnake on the grill with the hotlinks or chorizo and ribs.

I'm a member of PETA and I am not the least bit offended. (PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals)

Originally posted by Answerman
I don't want to offend any PETA folks but I have more than once thrown a nice fat freshly skinned rattlesnake on the grill with the hotlinks or chorizo and ribs.

I'm a member of PETA and I am not the least bit offended. (PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals)

Where do you get rattlesnake in KC?

I caught a few timber rattlesnakes in the woods between Olathe and Lawrence Kansas when I was a teenager. I fried them up with some Garlic and Jalapeno peppers then after they were done, I sprinkled them with some salt, I thought they were pretty good. Tastes just like chicken.:bigsmile:

Thank you, Andrew. I'd LOVE to come to Virginia, but maybe another time. Many, MANY years ago my ancestors lived in Virginia. I'm not sure for how long, but they arrived some time in the later 1600's from Ireland. Closest I've been is Washington, D.C. Of course, during our trip we were in Virginia for a time, Arlington in particularly. I'd love to see the Civil War sites of the state and then take a trip to Gettysburg.

BTW, my great-great grandfather was in the Confederate Army. The family was living in Arkansas then.

....well, I'm rambling. Sorry.

The Virginian Creed:

To be a Virginian, either by Birth, Marriage, or Adoption, or even on one's Mother's side, is an introduction to any State in the Union, a Passport to any Foreign Country, and a Benediction from Above.

Come join us whenever you can, brother -- we'll take a raincheck. God bless! :pilgrim:

Originally posted by Answerman

:lol: My old bummer sticker said: "I love animals -- they're delicious!" :D

Mmmm! Just had pulled pork, baked beans & collard greens at the Whole Foods deli and followed it with an iced coffee & dutch chocolate drink at Peets! Ah, the Northwest, home of pagans, health food & coffee!
:banana:

[Edited on 7-4-2006 by turmeric]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back