In line for iPhone 3G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herald

Administrator
Staff member
I took off work tomorrow (
friday) so I am in line here at 11:00 PM waiting for iPhone 3G. I am first in line but two others have just arrived. supposed to be a huge crowd. It's an event. call me crazy but it's kind of neat. If anyone wants to call me for moral support let me know and I'll send you cell #. :lol:

I was reading Walt Mossberg in the WSJ today about the new iPhone. The sad thing is that Apple lowered the price but it appears that due to increases in the AT&T service contract price by $10 a month, the iPhone will end up costing more over the two year service contract. Still looks like a great phone though and I may break down and get one some day.

The plan may cost and extra $10 per month but it's less than AT&T's non-iPhone data plans.

I'm going to hope that they don't run out if I show up at 6:30 AM tomorrow. Going to take my oldest boy with me.

For those of you who are like me and are having a little trouble over Bill and his new toy, here are some verses to help you through this difficult time.

1Cor 13:4 -Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

Jas 3:15 -For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and motivated by the Devil.

1Cor 3:3 - for you are still controlled by your own sinful desires. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn't that prove you are controlled by your own desires? You are acting like people who don't belong to the Lord.

Jas 3:16 -For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and every kind of evil.

Pr 14:30 - A relaxed attitude lengthens life; jealousy rots it away.

Job 5:2 -Surely resentment destroys the fool, and jealousy kills the simple.

Pr 27:4 Anger is cruel, and wrath is like a flood, but who can survive the destructiveness of jealousy?

1Pet 2:1 - So get rid of all malicious behavior and deceit. Don't just pretend to be good! Be done with hypocrisy and jealousy and backstabbing.

Gal 5:26 Let us not become …. jealous of one another.

Jas 3:14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your hearts, don't brag about being wise. That is the worst kind of lie.

As for you Nerd Jerkey Baptist, YOU SHOULDN'T CAUSE YOUR WEAKER BROTHER TO STUMBLE!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who are like me and are having a little trouble over Bill and his new toy, here are some verses to help you through this difficult time.

1Cor 13:4 -Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud

Jas 3:15 -For jealousy and selfishness are not God's kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and motivated by the Devil.

1Cor 3:3 - for you are still controlled by your own sinful desires. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn't that prove you are controlled by your own desires? You are acting like people who don't belong to the Lord.

Jas 3:16 -For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and every kind of evil.

Pr 14:30 - A relaxed attitude lengthens life; jealousy rots it away.

Job 5:2 -Surely resentment destroys the fool, and jealousy kills the simple.

Pr 27:4 Anger is cruel, and wrath is like a flood, but who can survive the destructiveness of jealousy?

1Pet 2:1 - So get rid of all malicious behavior and deceit. Don't just pretend to be good! Be done with hypocrisy and jealousy and backstabbing.

Gal 5:26 Let us not become …. jealous of one another.

Jas 3:14 But if you are bitterly jealous and there is selfish ambition in your hearts, don't brag about being wise. That is the worst kind of lie.

As for you Nerd Jerkey Baptist, YOU SHOULDN'T CAUSE YOUR WEAKER BROTHER TO STUMBLE!!!!!!!!!

:lol: Thanks, Bob, for the fortification.

I'm not even thinking of an i-Phone until it comes out in 3 D. . . .

Heh, I like gadgets too, but they tend to be more obscure and less popular. Lately I've had my eye on one of these babies:

$40,376 US NAVY UPM137A MULTI-INSTRUMENT TEST SET - Surplus Shed

Vic you must be one of the only people I know who doesn't have a UPM137A MULTI-INSTRUMENT TEST SET yet. I put a table cloth over ours and use it as a coffee table.

With it, on a clear day, I can pick up the AM station just across the street from us.

Vic you must be one of the only people I know who doesn't have a UPM137A MULTI-INSTRUMENT TEST SET yet. I put a table cloth over ours and use it as a coffee table.

With it, on a clear day, I can pick up the AM station just across the street from us.

Now you're making me stumble, brother. Our coffee table is only the remains of a one-tube regenerative receiver/single-sided toaster.

It's so old it only plays early Jack Benny.

I knew I could find that weakness that besets you Vic - nobody is perfect.

Well, Ivan is now that I think about it. Oh yeah, and Heidi. And Pastor Winzer. Oh, and then...... I'll get back to you, I've got to revise my list.

I got my iPhone 3g and I'm home playing with my new toy. It's cool!

Well, typical Apple. The iPhone looks very neat. But of course, since it is Apple, every step of the process must be proprietary iSomething Apple. Would it make sense to allow cell phone companies to initialize the phone?

Of course not! Just because the little guys like Motorola, Samsung, Blackberry, Palm, etc do, why should Apple? After all, don't they iAlways know iBetter? No, you have to use iTunes (yes, that's right, a music program - that is pretty much junk on Windows) to even get your phone to work. :eek:

And shock of shock - it is broken worldwide! It's not like Apple knew exactly how many units they were shipping (of that's right, they did) or know how many would be activated in the first few hours (oh, again, they did). So now, I have a phone that does not work, and my old phone is deactivated, and my voice mail has to be reset. So I am completely cell-less, until Apple gets its act together. This is supposed to get me to pay 2x for a computer (iWhatever) ? Don't think so.:rant:

Huge black eye for Apple, that they obviously were willing to take for marketing purposes. Can you imagine the outcry if MS did this? But then again, Apple (like certain politicians) are exempt from criticism because they are oh so cool!

And shock of shock - it is broken worldwide! It's not like Apple knew exactly how many units they were shipping (of that's right, they did) or know how many would be activated in the first few hours (oh, again, they did). So now, I have a phone that does not work, and my old phone is deactivated, and my voice mail has to be reset. So I am completely cell-less, until Apple gets its act together. This is supposed to get me to pay 2x for a computer (iWhatever) ? Don't think so.:rant:

I'm so sorry, Fred. You were the last person I'd expect to succumb. When I saw you were in line I thought, "I hope that i-Phone disaster I've been hearing about in the news doesn't hit him."

Elsewhere I've related my Apple pain, so now I feel yours. . . .

I'm so sorry, Fred. You were the last person I'd expect to succumb. When I saw you were in line I thought, "I hope that i-Phone disaster I've been hearing about in the news doesn't hit him."

Elsewhere I've related my Apple pain, so now I feel yours. . . .

This is why Apple should stick to flashy devices and not try and do important stuff like run a server. It is also why they will never break into the business market. Could you imagine if this was Blackberry? It made headlines all over the nation when BB email service went down for like a couple of hours. This is way worse. No email, no phone, no voice mail, etc.

iIdiots

Absolutely. That is what makes it so incredibly dumb of them. And it is not even new owners that have the worst. Existing iPhone users were specifically told not to download non-Apple generated iTunes updates yesterday. (yes..Apple...whatever you say...Apple) So when Apple auto-updated today, it borked all the existing owners.

Good job!

I love my Apple. I was hoping no one would notice these minor little problems.

It's an easy fix. Just call Apple support.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry Fred, I hope they get it fixed soon.

Wow! I was just slipping into a self imposed funk over missing the release and not camping out. Then I hear of Bill and Fred's story. Wowie zowie! I think waiting until the lines thin out next week might be an adequate sliver lining for my cloud.

To be honest, I'm frustrated that I have no cell service, but I am actually a bit glad to see Apple take a well-deserved beating on this. No way they ever live this down with "we never go down, we never get viruses!" Two releases in a row, two bombs.

Hold it now, Bill hasn't said anything except that his iPhone is cool. Maybe this is just an Apple conspiracy against Fred.

I'm reserving judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back