in or out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preach

Puritan Board Sophomore
Given the standard of many ordination councils are the Westminster standards, can you name some theologians who would NOT pass the ordination exam, if the Westminster standards were the standards? In other words, would names like Augustine, Luther, etc. be ordained by any Reformed (any church that holds to the five points of Calvinism and covenant theology) council today? If not, what theological issue(s) would prohibit them from being ordained? Try to think of doctrines other than church government. Thanks.
I'll start. Augustine would not make the cut. Why? Although if he lived in the 16th century, he may have led the Reformation, he still held to the heresy of baptismal regeneration. Therefore, he would not be allowed to mount a Reformed pulpit.

[quote:b8ada84042][i:b8ada84042]Originally posted by matthew[/i:b8ada84042]
I didn't know that Augustine lived in the 16th century, and that he led the reformation. I always thought of him as a Bishop from nothern Africa (354-430). :banana: [/quote:b8ada84042]

Matthew, you may want to reread his statement.

"Although [b:b8ada84042][u:b8ada84042]if[/u:b8ada84042][/b:b8ada84042] he lived in the 16th century, he may have led the Reformation,"

[Edited on 5-15-2004 by CajunBibleBeliever]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back