Inception

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by ColdSilverMoon, Jul 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdSilverMoon

ColdSilverMoon Puritan Board Senior

I haven't seen a movie since March or April, but I just back from the matinee of Inception and loved it! I don't think I've ever seen an action flick so simultaneously thought-provoking and emotional, with first rate action sequences, including a fight scene at zero-gravity that was unlike anything I've ever seen in a movie. I won't try to summarize the plot, partly because I can't in a few short sentences, and partly because the unfolding of the plot is the joy of the film. It is extremely well-acted (Leonardo DiCaprio has been on quite a streak lately), and the special effects are great but restrained enough to be plausible within the context of the film. It's pretty clean (some minor profanity now and then). Personally, I would recommend it for teenagers and up, largely because anyone younger just won't get it on several levels. I highly recommend Inception, and look forward to what others on the PB have to say...

Plot: 5 - excellent!
    Dialogue: 5 - very well acted
    Sex: 5 - no sex or nudity at all
    Violence: 4 - some fight sequences, but nothing too graphic or bloody
    Blasphemy/Language: 3 - occasional profanity
    World View: 4 - highest values are marriage and children, but there is no mention of Christian values. On the other hand, there is nothing really opposing Christian values.

2. Montanablue

Montanablue Puritan Board Doctor

Thanks for this - I've been trying to decide if I wanted to drive a long ways to a theater to see it with some friends. This helped me make my decision.

3. Beoga

Beoga Puritan Board Freshman

I have heard nothing but great things about this movie and while I really wanted to see it beforehand, now I really, really, want to see it.

4. BenjaminBurton

BenjaminBurton Puritan Board Freshman

Had some friends check it out last night and I'm heading to the theater when I leave work. Looks great!

5. Rich Koster

Rich Koster Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I'm waiting for it to be offered up at our local public library...... might as well enjoy my already spent tax dollars. :)

6. Andres

Andres Puritan Board Doctor

I been looking forward to this movie for a long time. Before I ever knew what the story was, I knew Christopher Nolan was directing and then once I saw the cast, I was sold. I will try to go tomorrow or Monday since I'm off.

7. Bookmeister

Bookmeister Puritan Board Freshman

Saw it tonite and it did not disappoint. Great film, everyone should go see this!

8. Herald

Herald Administrator Staff Member

I saw half of it last evening. I was bored and lost interest. The FX were good, but I thought it was a poor man's Matrix. I left about the time the main female character broke into DeCaprio's dream.

9. BenjaminBurton

BenjaminBurton Puritan Board Freshman

Very well done. I greatly enjoyed it!

10. earl40

earl40 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I enjoyed it, though I agree The Matrix was a better though the acting in Inception was far superior (Reeves is a terrible actor In my most humble opinion).

OK we need opinions about the end without spoiling the movie.....

Up or Down?

I say up. My wife and son say down. Sort of a Myers Briggs test.

11. ColdSilverMoon

ColdSilverMoon Puritan Board Senior

Hmm, it depends on what you mean by up or down. Are you talking about the main character or the object we see in the last frame? If you mean the main character I say up, if you mean the object in the last frame I say down....

12. Idelette

Idelette Puritan Board Graduate

Yeah, I heard this movie was pretty good and that the psychological aspects made it very thought-provoking...I may actually watch it. Thanks for the review!

13. earl40

earl40 Puritan Board Post-Graduate

I say down because of "the object", did you see the two come out of the van? Also the one Chinese fella died on the third level.

14. DeborahtheJudge

DeborahtheJudge Puritan Board Freshman

I just got back... I thought it was terrible. It was an asexual car-jacking, spy movie rolled up in freud-light. I felt no emotional connection to the characters and it was like they had an Inception Answers Manual in their back pocket.

Church tomorrow! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.