Infant Salvation & Ordinary Salvation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In regards to your question, I think there is scriptural basis for the regeneration of infants that die in infancy. However, there is obviously a limitation to a specific people, i.e. the covenant community. We are told about God's promise to Abraham and to his descendants:
7And I will establish my covenant between me and you and your offspring after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your offspring after you.

There are a few more times we are told that the promise isn't just to Abraham but it's to his descendants as well:
9And God said to Abraham, "As for you, you shall keep my covenant, you and your offspring after you throughout their generations.
10This is my covenant, which you shall keep, between me and you and your offspring after you

This promise isn't just told to Abraham alone but it's reiterated in the new testament as well:
Acts 2
38And Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39For the promise is for you and for your children

The children of believing parents are set apart from other children in so far as they are apart of the covenant community of God. "14For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy"(1 Cor 7). Since these children are within the covenant community and the promises of the eternal covenant are to our children, I think this would be scriptural basis for what the divines wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back