Instant Definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

(^^)Regin

Puritan Board Freshman
There are some theological vocabulary that I am not very familiar with which slows me down in getting the meaning of the content that I am trying to read. It would be useful if we have a 'mouse over' dictionary feature that would help the reader define theological words on the fly.
:D

I too would like a " 'mouse over' dictionary feature that would help the reader define theological words on the fly."
All I have is a hard copy of "Dictionary of Theological Terms" by Dr. Alan Cairns.

we could start by allowing the users to right click a word they are not familiar with, that word will be stored in a database poll where moderators/editors can help define, so the next time they right click on that word then the meaning will come out.

just thoughts :)

If you use Firefox as a browser (maybe others, too--I don't know), you can highlight, right-click, and use the search engine of your choice in a new tab. I don't know if your suggestion can be implemented, but this might be a stopgap.

If you use Firefox as a browser (maybe others, too--I don't know), you can highlight, right-click, and use the search engine of your choice in a new tab. I don't know if your suggestion can be implemented, but this might be a stopgap.

Thanks. I never knew that! :up:

What would be even better is if it analyzed your post content to figure out your vocabulary level, and then offered definitions of words you probably don't know in a sidebar!

There are some theological vocabulary that I am not very familiar with which slows me down in getting the meaning of the content that I am trying to read. It would be useful if we have a 'mouse over' dictionary feature that would help the reader define theological words on the fly.

Who gets to write the definitions? ;)

Who gets to write the definitions? ;)

I haven't got to that part yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back