Intercessory Prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notthemama1984

Puritan Board Post-Graduate
“The present failure on the part of Christians to enter the holy place in intercession according to the appointment of God is sufficient to account for the present lack of Holy Spirit conviction and conversion in the church. The neglect and ignorance of the facts regarding the believer’s privileges in prayer . . . can be explained only in the light of the revealed Satanic opposition to the purpose of God; for intercessory prayer is a strategic point for the attack of this arch enemy inasmuch as the mighty movements of the Spirit for salvation are, for the present time, awaiting this human co-operation . . . . Prayer presents the greatest opportunity for soul-winning, and there is precious reward promised to those who bring souls to Christ, and are found to be suffering with Him in His burden for the lost. Fundamentally, then, the personal element in true soul-winning work is more a service of pleading for souls than a service of pleading with souls. It is talking with God about men from a clean heart and in the power of the Spirit, rather than talking to men about God.”

Lewis Chafer True Evangelism 68-69

“The present failure on the part of Christians to enter the holy place in intercession according to the appointment of God is sufficient to account for the present lack of Holy Spirit conviction and conversion in the church. The neglect and ignorance of the facts regarding the believer’s privileges in prayer . . . can be explained only in the light of the revealed Satanic opposition to the purpose of God; for intercessory prayer is a strategic point for the attack of this arch enemy inasmuch as the mighty movements of the Spirit for salvation are, for the present time, awaiting this human co-operation . . . . Prayer presents the greatest opportunity for soul-winning, and there is precious reward promised to those who bring souls to Christ, and are found to be suffering with Him in His burden for the lost. Fundamentally, then, the personal element in true soul-winning work is more a service of pleading for souls than a service of pleading with souls. It is talking with God about men from a clean heart and in the power of the Spirit, rather than talking to men about God.”

Lewis Chafer True Evangelism 68-69

The Sovereign Lord of Heaven and Earth awaits human co-operation? I find that to be an exaltation of man and an insult to the Spirit of Grace.

:wow: I can't believe I skipped over that line. I apologize for posting this thing. The quote was given in class and we talked about the power of interecessory prayer and how it is the greatest tool for the Christian to have. Either my professor skipped that line in the quote or I went to sleep for a few minutes.

Again I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back