Interesting Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericfromcowtown

Puritan Board Sophomore
On our way home from church, we saw a sign pointing towards a "free stampede lunch." Stampede is Calgary's big western heritage and rodeo week, and lots of community associations and churches host stampede breakfasts and lunches as out-reach to the community. As I'm always curious to explore, and my wife is always willing not to prepare a meal after church, we landed up at the ("Old Paths Baptist Church") for hamburgers, southern gospel music, and the invitation of an alter call.

As expected, the greeter asked us if we went to church, but had a quizzical look on her face when I said yes and mentioned our Presbyterian church (5 minutes down the road). I think her extremely confused expression was more "I don't know what Presbyterian means" rather than "I know that Presbyterian means you baptize infants by sprinkling and aren't KJVO." She probably had two canned responses, depending on whether the person was deemed by them to be a Christian or a heathen, and didn't exactly know into which category we fit. ;)

Given that the meeting room they rent sits sandwiched between a Jehova Witness Hall (heretics) and a generic non-denominational (lowest common denominator) church, I pray that God will use them despite the obvious differences that I have with them doctrinally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back