Interesting something I saw on ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl40

Puritan Board Professor
There was a man who shot a pregnant girl killing her and causing the premature birth of her son who ended up having cerebral palsy due to the premature birth.

Now in prison he has become a "devout Muslim" and has asked the grandmother for forgiveness. She did, and I wonder if it would be OK if she didn't knowing that a "devout Muslim" really can not be truly repentant.

interesting in my opinion

Mark 11:25: "And whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses."

Seeing as how it says 'anything against anyone' I'm guessing it's okay for her to forgive him.

I was under the impression that when God tells us to forgive people, it is to work something in us rather than to help them. For example, when someone wrongs me, I forgive them so I do not have ought in my heart. I should forgive them regardless of how they make amends with me.
As for the "devout Muslim", he has much bigger issues than whether or not the grandmother forgives him, i.e. his unrighteousness before a holy God.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back