Internet Slang and Lutherans T-Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hoping they'd at least be funny. Pretty lame if you ask me. Very un-dancing-banana-like.
:banana:

(how do you make this banana stand still?)

You've gotta admit that they are a little funny in the sense that they think they will sell...

[Edited on 11-2-2005 by Ranger]

1. You can't eat Jesus. Lol (laugh out loud)
2. Jesus said "Hoc Est" (this is? mt26:26), Zwingle is a noob (new)

Very Funny!

>>>>1. You can't eat Jesus. Lol (laugh out loud)
2. Jesus said "Hoc Est" (this is? mt26:26), Zwingle is a noob (new)<<<<

Thanks! I couldn't understand them either.

I'm a Lutheran pastor and I'm probably quite familiar with some of the guys who came up with those t-shirts. They're usually good and tight theologically and in their daily walk. But they get extremely feisty (threatened?) with alternative theological assertions.

Although I do like t-shirts, my guess is I'll be getting some PuritanHeads instead.

Thanks again for the translation

They're kind of clever if 1. you understand kids' AOL colloquial. Its actually pretty easy, they just use numerals for letters. 2. You understand a little of church history- Calvin didn't believe in the literal bodily presence of Christ in the supper ("you cant eat Jesus!"); the Marburg Colloquy was a dialog between Zwinglians and Lutherans over the Lord's Supper, Luther believed the Lord was in the elements, hence, "Jesus said, this is." q.mt 26:26. and "Zwingle is a noob."

Of course Zwingle was right on this issue. Luther's view, transubstantiation/ constubstantiation, implicitly denies the humanity of Christ. If Christ is truly human how could he be in a million wafers at once and in heaven at the same time?

A Calvinist came up with this retort: ""Luther comments on James, '3pis713 0f s7r4\/\/! LOL!!!111!'"

Translation: "Epistle of Straw! Laugh out Loud!"

How about this:

"Luther speaks to marriage: 'p01yg4my - y3s! LOL!!!'"

translation: polygamy - yes!

:lol:

Luther's dispensationalist tendencies..........or his sarcasm-

4 j3VV 15 5uch 4 pr3ci0u5 n0b13 cr347ur3 60d 4nd 411 hi5 4n6315 d4nc3 wh3n h3 f4r75

You figure it out, thats 1/2 the fun!

Originally posted by Peter

4 j3VV 15 5uch 4 pr3ci0u5 n0b13 cr347ur3 60d 4nd 411 hi5 4n6315 d4nc3 wh3n h3 f4r75

That's hilarious! The second sentence isn't really related to the first, though...even so, :up:

Originally posted by Me Died Blue
Originally posted by Peter

That's hilarious! The second sentence isn't really related to the first, though...even so, :up:

It's one sentence. I should have punctuated it:

4 j3VV 15 5uch 4 pr3ci0u5, n0b13 cr347ur3, *7h47* 60d 4nd 411 hi5 4n6315 d4nc3 wh3n h3 f4r75.

My reproduction of quote was imprecise to begin with (just from my short term memory) so I took the liberty of adding the *asterisked* word the 2nd time for clarity.

[Edited on 12-2-2005 by Peter]

Originally posted by alwaysreforming
I was hoping they'd at least be funny. Pretty lame if you ask me. Very un-dancing-banana-like.
:banana:

(how do you make this banana stand still?)

How do you make the banana stand still?

Peel it.

:bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back