Interracial/International Couples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ww

Puritan Board Senior
Since it looks like there are a good number of folks who are members of this forum and some who are international as well I am just curious if there are any other Interracial/International Married Couples in PB Land?

Not only am I am in an Interracial marriage but an International one as well. I met my wife through her sister and brother in law who were having a Bible Study at their house and I just so happened to be in attendance on a regular basis. The Bible Study was a Blessing in several ways not the least of which was introducing me to my wife. Just curious if there are others out there in PB land who are in an Interracial or International marriage? :detective:

I am a caucasian American and my husband is a Japanese Canadian.

We met in 1996 playing an online roleplaying game (text based). So we spent hours just chatting, then progressed to phone calls, then to visits. Then finally in 1999 marriage. He moved to be with me. I wish we had met at Bible study or something nicer, but neither of us were practicing Christians in 1996. I praise God that now we are both reformed believers.

Nice to make your acquaintance Angela! Praise Him for bringing you both to the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! :wave:

I'm Scottish Canadian and my wife is black, Irish and native Canadian.

I am caucasian, my wife is Korean. I was born in the U.S., she was born in Korea, and raised in Canada. We have two daughters, one born in the U.S., and one in Canada, where we all live at this point.

Nice to make your online acquaintance Matthew! :wave:

I guess I failed to mention that I was born in Pittsburgh, PA and raised just North of Pittsburgh and my wife was born and raised in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. My Wife's Sister and Husband and my 2 Nieces and Nephew live in Austin, TX. At the time I met my wife they were living in Phoenix, AZ and so was I. But I did in fact meet my wife in her hometown after meeting her family in Phoenix first. They gave me the :up: We had corresponded via webcam, email, instant messenger, phone, and letter (lots of ways to communicate long distance these days) :lol: for some time before I went over for several weeks to meet her and her family in person and knew in my heart upon 1st sight that she was the one for me. I asked for her hand in marriage at that time and her Father and Mother approved. We just celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary a few days ago. :D

Nice to make your online acquaintance Matthew! :wave:

I guess I failed to mention that I was born in Pittsburgh, PA and raised just North of Pittsburgh and my wife was born and raised in Cagayan de Oro, Philippines. My Wife's Sister and Husband and my 2 Nieces and Nephew live in Austin, TX. At the time I met my wife they were living in Phoenix, AZ and so was I. But I did in fact meet my wife in her hometown after meeting her family in Phoenix first. They gave me the :up: We had corresponded via webcam, email, instant messenger, phone, and letter (lots of ways to communicate long distance these days) :lol: for some time before I went over for several weeks to meet her and her family in person and knew in my heart upon 1st sight that she was the one for me. I asked for her hand in marriage at that time and her Father and Mother approved. We just celebrated our 3rd Wedding Anniversary a few days ago. :D

Congrats! That is awesome!!

Since it looks like there are a good number of folks who are members of this forum and some who are international as well I am just curious if there are any other Interracial/International Married Couples in PB Land?

Not only am I am in an Interracial marriage but an International one as well. I met my wife through her sister and brother in law who were having a Bible Study at their house and I just so happened to be in attendance on a regular basis. The Bible Study was a Blessing in several ways not the least of which was introducing me to my wife. Just curious if there are others out there in PB land who are in an Interracial or International marriage? :detective:

Shouldn't we, technically, say "inter-ethnic" instead of inter-racial, since, after all, there is only one human race? Just wondering.

Shouldn't we, technically, say "inter-ethnic" instead of inter-racial, since, after all, there is only one human race? Just wondering.

I guess that is one way to look at it Richard but I guess I just use the common terminology that is out there to describe it. Maybe I'll try your way for a while and see if it sticks. :)

True saying, Richard.

I'm a Jew, American-born, and my wife is Greek Cypriot, Khartoum-born. We're in Cyprus now taking care of her ill mom (Alzheimer's), and, Lord willing, will return to NY when her caregiving is finished, which may be soon.

I'm Scotch-Irish and my wife is Korean.

I’m no expert but I have dabbled in genetics and the evidence seems to suggest that the further you are genetically speaking, the less chance that you’ll have the same negative mutations. For example: we all know that intermarriage among royal bloodlines has caused problems. Ken Ham uses the example of dog breeds, mixed breeds seem to do better than breeds that have been singled out for certain characteristics and the mutations responsible for these desired characteristics can cause problems, like respiratory problems in bull dogs. His favorite example is the poodle, one of the most fragile dog breeds. Just thought I’d share my thoughts on this aspect of this subject.

I'm Canadian - English background and the Orchid Lady is a Singaporean of ethnic Chinese ancestry. We met getting off a bus some years after she immigrated to Canada.

I'm Canadian - English background and the Orchid Lady is a Singaporean of ethnic Chinese ancestry. We met getting off a bus some years after she immigrated to Canada.

Nice to make your acquaintance! :wave:

True saying, Richard.

I'm a Jew, American-born, and my wife is Greek Cypriot, Khartoum-born. We're in Cyprus now taking care of her ill mom (Alzheimer's), and, Lord willing, will return to NY when her caregiving is finished, which may be soon.

Nice to make your acquaintance as well! :wave:

I’m no expert but I have dabbled in genetics and the evidence seems to suggest that the further you are genetically speaking, the less chance that you’ll have the same negative mutations. For example: we all know that intermarriage among royal bloodlines has caused problems. Ken Ham uses the example of dog breeds, mixed breeds seem to do better than breeds that have been singled out for certain characteristics and the mutations responsible for these desired characteristics can cause problems, like respiratory problems in bull dogs. His favorite example is the poodle, one of the most fragile dog breeds. Just thought I’d share my thoughts on this aspect of this subject.

Ok now this is some deep stuff :think:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! :up:

Hi, I thought your wife looked like a FLIP, I married one too. Best thing I ever did. She is from Ilo Ilo. I met her here as she came here for a nursing Job. We have a beautiful asian/caucasian 17 month old Hannah. Fillipinos as a group are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Have you eaten Ballut?

Hi, I thought your wife looked like a FLIP, I married one too. Best thing I ever did. She is from Ilo Ilo. I met her here as she came here for a nursing Job. We have a beautiful asian/caucasian 17 month old Hannah. Fillipinos as a group are some of the nicest people I have ever met. Have you eaten Ballut?

You know what I haven't and refuse to :lol: How about you? When I was there my wife's family didn't really expect me to as they don't eat it much themselves however I think the next time I go back I'll take the plunge. They might get as much fun out of that as they do when I try to speak their language. You would think I was Steve Martin or something. :lol:

As far as your evaluation! 100% spot on! My Wife and her family are 2nd to none! I'm so Blessed! ;)

My Brother in Law also came for Nursing 5 years ago or so. He and his wife (my wife's sister) are both American Citizens as of last month. We have 2 beautiful nieces and 1 cool little nephew.

I bet Hanna is adorable! We hope to have children in the very near future ourselves.

Nice to meet you, no ballut for me. A little pan-sit and adobo. No on the karaoke too. That was so funny realizing they all have karaoke machines in their homes.

Nice to meet you, no ballut for me. A little pan-sit and adobo. No on the karaoke too. That was so funny realizing they all have karaoke machines in their homes.

I partake of pansit, adobo, lumpia, shumai, leche flan and when visiting family on special occasions we have Lechon.

As far as Karaoke my wife's family has one in each of their homes and enjoy it but my wife doesn't want one. I'm kinda grateful for that! :lol:

Can you provide some citations? As a dog breeder by experience goes quite the opposite. Pure bread dogs are a great deal smarter than mutts. I highly recommend a pure breed of dog. Again, this is just my experience.

In addition, the Bible is full of examples of inter-family breeding. Does the Bible teach us that there were genetic anamolies to these?

MY wife is from Isabela Philippines, we have been married 6 years now and have a beutifull daughter her name is Christiana. We went to the P.I. 2 years ago. Of course I like adobo, pancet, palabok, caldareta, gambing, halo-halo.. Masarap

All I could find about DOGS.

Wiki :
"Haphazard" is not the same as "random" to a geneticist. The offspring of such matings are less likely to express certain genetic disorders because there is a decreased chance that both parents carry the same detrimental recessive alleles. However, some deleterious recessives are common across many seemingly unrelated breeds, and therefore merely mixing breeds is no guarantee of genetic health.

Crossbreeding to take advantage of the increased chance that a recessive detrimental allele will only be inherited from one parent, and therefore not expressed in the phenotype of the offspring, is only one strategy breeders can use to decrease the incidences of genetic faults.

Mixed-breed dog - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MY wife is from Isabela Philippines, we have been married 6 years now and have a beutifull daughter her name is Christiana. We went to the P.I. 2 years ago. Of course I like adobo, pancet, palabok, caldareta, gambing, halo-halo.. Masarap

Nice to make your acquaintance Robert! :wave: You are making me hungry! :lol:

Nice to make your acquaintance Robert! :wave: You are making me hungry! :lol:
Salamat po pare.
Walang anuman..

I'll have my wife cook up some penuk bet for you guy's :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back