Introducing the Credo-Baptism Answers forum

Discussion in 'Credo-Baptism Answers' started by Semper Fidelis, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Semper Fidelis

Semper Fidelis 2 Timothy 2:24-25 Staff Member

I've created this sub-forum to be a non-debating area for members to ask questions and receive clarification on the confessional understanding of the Ordinance of Baptism from Credo-Bapists only.

2. Stephen L Smith

Stephen L Smith Moderator

As in the Paedobaptist forum, this should read "confessional understanding of the SACRAMENT of Baptism". Reformed Baptists DO hold to a Reformed view of the Sacraments.

3. Semper Fidelis

From the London Baptist Confession

4. JonathanHunt

JonathanHunt Puritan Board Senior

Rich is quite right. Ordinances, not sacraments, is the wording of the RB confessional position, and there is a difference.

5. Pergamum

Pergamum Ordinary Guy (TM)

Speak for yourself, the language of "ordinance" keeps away from the baggage and mirrors the 1689. I prefer to speak fo ordinances.

6. PuritanCovenanter

PuritanCovenanter Moderator Staff Member

If you are referring to sacraments as in both we don't hold to a paedo view of the sacraments. We are credo. Some Reformed Baptists do hold to a view of the Lord's Supper that is like John Calvin's and not Zwingli's. Confessionally, from what I understand the use of the word ordinance was used in the confession to distance from a Roman Catholic distinction and not the view of Calvin's understanding of the Lord's Table. But I still need to read up on this.

7. danmpem

danmpem Puritan Board Junior

This thread is getting so much less attention than the "Introducing the Paedo-baptism Answers forum" thread. They're having a party over there.

8. PuritanCovenanter

Maybe paedo's are cuter.

9. Herald

Herald Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]

Yep.

:lol:

10. PuritanCovenanter

[​IMG]

11. jogri17

jogri17 Puritan Board Junior

Question: I can see your viewpoint about needing a credible profession of faith but I don't understand why it must be by immersion. Can you explain by scripture outside of the "baptizo means immersion argument" and also logic is welcomed too for a response.

12. PuritanCovenanter

Great question. I started a new thread if you don't mind.

http://www.puritanboard.com/f123/immersion-question-34598/#post428740
    Thanks

Last edited: Jun 26, 2008
  13. Davidius

Davidius Puritan Board Post-Graduate

If a paedobaptist starts a thread in this forum, is said paedobaptist the only paedobaptist who may contribute?

14. Semper Fidelis

Generally speaking, yes. Some leeway might be (and has been) given but if there are too many "questioners" it could blur the answers that the paedo-baptist is after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.