Introduction and thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ioannes

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello everyone, I have read this board for a long time and recently decided to make an account. I converted from atheism to Christianity about 4 years ago, and this board has been a fantastic help for me (along with many other resources).

I don’t really plan on posting much, but I want to thank the admins and regular posters here for creating a board that is unlike anything else I have encountered. The commitment to quality, confessional discourse has made this site a blessing to me and many others I am sure. This sentiment is often expressed from the regulars, but I imagine it is also shared by many who are here to listen and not contribute (such as myself). Thank you all for making this such a valuable board!

Gwallard

Puritan Board Freshman
Great to meet you, brother! Praise the Lord for your bending the knee to Christ! If I might ask, what is your story like?

dhh712

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey there, Sean--welcome! I have also been converted from atheism to Christianity and have found the mercy of the Lord to be amazing. Please do share with us how the Lord drew you to himself.

Ioannes

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome!
Good to see Colorado growing in the ranks!

I am always a Coloradan at heart. You see, I was born in the summer of my 27th year, coming home to a place I'd never been before.
It’s the best place I’ve lived! Not a native, but I’ve lived here for 20+ years, I hope to continue!

Great to meet you, brother! Praise the Lord for your bending the knee to Christ! If I might ask, what is your story like?

Hey there, Sean--welcome! I have also been converted from atheism to Christianity and have found the mercy of the Lord to be amazing. Please do share with us how the Lord drew you to himself.
It would be a long story, the more I consider it the more I realize there are many small things the Lord put in me life to lead me to Himself at the right time. I was raised in a Mormon family and became an atheist around 16 or so. I had a lot of desperate anger at the world and my atheism was very vocally anti Christian.

About 10-15 years later, I met a Christian at the restaurant I worked at who liked to argue with me (in a good natured way we both enjoyed) and I realized there was actually a depth to Christian thought that I had not encountered before. This coupled with biology and chemistry classes I was taking as I reentered school led me further away from evolution as the end-all explanation for every deep question. This was all really just a prelude to making friends with a confessional Lutheran young woman who did not try to convert me but simply lived a consistent Christian life and expressed her joy in the Lord’s free grace. I could never get that out of my head, I found a Bible on my shelf one day and well one thing led to another...

It is much more complicated like I said, but the Lord is indeed faithful in His promises! Feel free to ask or PM about it if you are interested!

Jeri Tanner

Administrator
Staff member
It’s the best place I’ve lived! Not a native, but I’ve lived here for 20+ years, I hope to continue!

It would be a long story, the more I consider it the more I realize there are many small things the Lord put in me life to lead me to Himself at the right time. I was raised in a Mormon family and became an atheist around 16 or so. I had a lot of desperate anger at the world and my atheism was very vocally anti Christian.

About 10-15 years later, I met a Christian at the restaurant I worked at who liked to argue with me (in a good natured way we both enjoyed) and I realized there was actually a depth to Christian thought that I had not encountered before. This coupled with biology and chemistry classes I was taking as I reentered school led me further away from evolution as the end-all explanation for every deep question. This was all really just a prelude to making friends with a confessional Lutheran young woman who did not try to convert me but simply lived a consistent Christian life and expressed her joy in the Lord’s free grace. I could never get that out of my head, I found a Bible on my shelf one day and well one thing led to another...

It is much more complicated like I said, but the Lord is indeed faithful in His promises! Feel free to ask or PM about it if you are interested!
Glad you are here!

dhh712

Puritan Board Freshman
I was raised in a Mormon family and became an atheist around 16 or so. I had a lot of desperate anger at the world and my atheism was very vocally anti Christian.

Thank you for sharing! It is amazing the things and people that the Lord uses to draw people to himself. It gives me hope and confirms that with God all things are possible, even though it may not be possible for man; I have a formerly militant atheist brother (I guess you can say he is a "milder" atheist now) for whom I am in continual prayer. I can't think of anything anyone can say to him that will convince him he needs Jesus as his Saviour, but that is why I pray to the Lord and beg him for mercy in my brother's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.