Introductory Survey of the Old Testament

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBruisedReed

Puritan Board Freshman
Grace and Peace, PB!

My wife and I were chatting on the phone tonight (I am currently deployed overseas) and she informed me that my mother-in-law is searching for some resources to help her get a better "cohesive" picture of the Old Testament. She is no stranger to God's word, but I do not think she has ever been presented with a comprehensive, covenantal, and Christological approach to the OT books. She remains in a "non-denominational" (Southern Baptist, lol) house-church that doesn't seem to be too terribly emphatic about theology. I suggested that my wife have her mother begin reading "The Christ of the Covenants" by Robertson. I also recommended a trial subscription to Ligonier Connect, after seeing that Steven Lawson has a video series on the OT on the site. Not being a Baptist, I still believe Lawson to be a strong expositor and teacher. Being that I am far from home, and not able to sit down with my beloved mother-in-law, it's a little difficult to come up with some sort of plan/curriculum to help out. I just know she is very intrigued by the idea of an interactive teaching series or maybe even a distance course from a seminary.

I ask, do any of you fine ladies and gentlemen have some other suggestions? Thanks!

Not a survey per se but a good stuff.

https://www.christianbook.com/Jesus...kXnwopHcYhGIyb5VCUarOcGEW2-7HpTxoCC3sQAvD_BwE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back