Iona -- Christian Celtic Prog-Rock

Discussion in 'Music' started by JasonGoodwin, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasonGoodwin

JasonGoodwin Puritan Board Sophomore

Has anyone heard of these guys? They're from the UK.

I've been a fan of theirs since they came out in 1990 with their self-titled debut album

www.iona.uk.com

I've always been fascinated at what they can do with their music.

:)

2. BobVigneault

BobVigneault Bawberator

I like the sound from the samples for Veil of Gossamer. The thought they have more of a jazz fusion sound than a prog rock edge in my opinion. I would have liked to have heard more. I didn't hear many vocals but the vocals I heard were beautiful. Are there more vocals on their albums? I'm intrigued, thanks for the intro.

3. BobVigneault

BobVigneault Bawberator

Which is your favorite album of theres?

4. bradofshaw

bradofshaw Puritan Board Freshman

I remember hearing them back in college. Interesting band.

5. JasonGoodwin

JasonGoodwin Puritan Board Sophomore

What's even more interesting is that I first heard of these guys (and one gal -- Joanne Hogg) when I was in Germany. I was hooked from the first moment I heard them.

Bob, they did start out with a jazzy sound. However, they have shifted as they have progressed.

Favorite album of theirs? That's a really tough call! They're all wonderful to listen to. Most of their adherents love The Book of Kells. I actually prefere Journey Into the Morn -- especially with their longest song Encircling.

They've gone independent since Open Sky. They're supposed to have a new album coming out called The Circling Hour. I don't know when it's coming out. I want it when it's ready.:banana:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.