iOS Voice and lecture recording app

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredtgreco

Vanilla Westminsterian
Staff member
I am looking for a recommendation for an iOS recording app - preferrably a universal app for both iPhone and iPad - to be used recording lectures. The main use will be recording Sunday school lessons in a smaller classroom. We have a small MP3 recorder that we could use, but I would prefer to find an app so that it will always be with our staff (i.e. on their phones). The app does not need to be incredibly featured (no need for a mini-recording studio), but it would be best if it has a decent way to export the files (preferrably via email or wifi), and if it could export into MP3 (so I don't have to convert the file before putting it on the web).

Any recommendations?

I don't think so Fred. Looks like it defaults to M4A. You can export your recording to Dropbox but, if I record a large file, I'll typically use the feature that allows you to copy the file off the device via FTP and then convert the file using dBPowerAmp.

BTW, I'm not aware of any apps that record to MP3 directly. One of the reasons I like FiRE is the ability to control recording levels. Honestly, I think any MP3 processing on the device might be too intensive and wouldn't do the job I wanted to get the file converted properly. I love the Zoom H2n by the way if you're looking to get a fantastic MP3 recorder. It's great for classes because it has a great mic that can pick up questions that are asked during class. You may find that having an extra one of those for Church classes is worth the investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back