iPhone and Android Users: Puritanboard is on Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semper Fidelis

2 Timothy 2:24-25
Staff member
I don't have an iPhone to try this out but I added my forum to Tapatalk. The Tapatalk forum addon is in Alpha testing so it may or may not completely work but it is likely an improvement from the Mobile theme.

Tapatalk costs about $3 from what I gather but, if you are a regular user, looks to be a nice way to browse vBulletin with a phone. They are working on a Blackberry version too from what their website states.

Rich,

I'm testing it and will let you know. One quick point: one of the links is "Bookmarks" which I believe could be helpful (perhaps bookmarking "Today's Posts") but it says "This forum has an older version of Tapatalk and does not support this function, please contact your forum administrator."

It works pretty well. But the old version message is preventing viewing PMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredtgreco said:
It works pretty well. But the old version message is preventing viewing PMs.

Trying a quote.
And editing.

Well, it's the "newest" version available for Version 4.0. It is Alpha (not even Beta) software on my end so it's bound to improve. I'll let you know as newer server side versions are released.

Ok. The interface is blazing fast and clear. Very nice.

Ok. The interface is blazing fast and clear. Very nice.

That's great to hear. It simplifies things for me trying to wait for a theme that will work for iPhone and other users with sophisticated phones.

Cool. I'm on tapatalk now. Gonna try adding an image.

No images allowed. Says admin has not enabled.

Rich,
What is the version of the server side. It appears (from the iPhone version) that 1.5.5 is the latest.

Ok, this is a HUGE improvement over the mobile version of PB!

It is very nice, but the native app does some "errors" due to the server side installation (I think).

Fred,

Check the Tapatalk forums if you like. I just received notice that the Beta version was released and installed it today right after it was released. It probably cleared up some bugs but I can assure you I have the most up to date version for vBulletin 4.0. This was a massive overhaul for them so some of the errors you are getting are like from re-codes of the vBulletin 3.x version that worked fine.

It seems to be working better. Favorites work now, and PMs also. I'm going to try add an image now.

It says that Tapatalk Mobile Upload is not present.

I apologize if I'm inadvertantly posting off topic or yanking this thread on a tangent, but I just wanted to let iTouch users know (who are probably wondering if they can get in on this) that, while I can't speak for the iPhone, the iTouch works great just using the software on it. I posted my last comment in the Seminary/Education thread without an issue at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back