Iron Maiden drummer (Nicko McBrain) converted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well? :worms: Only God Knows. Watch the fruit. If it walks, quacks, and looks like a duck it probably is a duck.

[Edited on 11-1-2005 by puritancovenanter]

Then again, singing/playing songs about dark subject matter is not necessarily an endorsement of such things.

My concern when I was first converted (and completely immersed in the rock music scene) was more for the the ungodly influence of ALL my friends. Interesting in hindsight how God providentially moved many of my friends to California (and elsewhere) during the Fall that I was saved thus enabling me to shake free from their influences on me.

Much as I hate the wicked influence of the "rock lifestyle" upon me, I also hated the subsequent pietism that I fell into shortly after conversion.

Much as I hate the wicked influence of the "rock lifestyle" upon me, I also hated the subsequent pietism that I fell into shortly after conversion.

:ditto::ditto::ditto:

Actually, for myself back in that day it wasn't the "rock style" influencing me, but that being my chosen vehicle for exercising my fallen war with God. Later my war turned to the vehicle of conservative moralism & then some pietism. The later being the more disguisting.

L

[Edited on 11-1-2005 by Larry Hughes]

Nicko has been very open about his faith. I remember going to their website a couple of years ago when I first heard this story. There was a section where fans could ask questions and one fan asked if the conversion story was true. Nicko used that question as an opportunity to share the truths of our God and faith with the many fans that visit that website. He held nothing back. It was cool to see the gospel clearly coming forth from such an unexpected place.

As far as Nicko remaining in Iron Maiden, He has said that he spent many hours in prayer and sought advice from many other christians regarding this. He said that his conscience is clear before god. I dont see any contradiction here. Their mascot Eddie is a fictional character who is obviously not the most positive of creatures. If you've ever seen them live, then you know that after Eddie walks out on stage the band unites together and beats him back.

As far as the album "The number of the beast" which came out in 1982 - I think the church at the time earned such an album with it's wacky over-sensationalism about satan and it's over- emphasis on the last days. It was an album consistent with the time. If I were a dispensationalist I guess I might be offended by that album. The song is not asking people to take the mark (yes, I know it says "666 the number of the beast. 666 the one for you and me"), but it is written from the perspective of the evil one that would have you take the mark. It's telling a dark story.

I've heard from various sources that Nicko has displayed much fruit in his life. I know that the other members of Maiden must be amazed by the notable changes in this man who was once known as the rowdiest member of the band.

Mike

...yeah and what about that awesome kick drum part on the song "Where Eagles Dare?"

I hope Nicko's fruit is real. :pray2:

Has anyone been following Alice Cooper since his conversion? His show is definitely wacked also. He also includes very biblical truth in his lyrics. Brutal Planet and Dragontown are great albums.

Those are great albums. I just attended an Alice Cooper show a few weeks ago after receiving some free tickets. I think he performs better than he ever has. He is still theatrical, but not in the same ways as his pre-conversion days.

I havent followed too closely, but I have a friend who attends church with him, and I read a good interview with Cooper in Risen magazine recently.

Mike

Has anyone been following Alice Cooper since his conversion? His show is definitely wacked also. He also includes very biblical truth in his lyrics. Brutal Planet and Dragontown are great albums.

I wonder if R.C. Sproul has the albums and attends his concerts since those two are golfing buddies.

Can you imagine seeing R.C. at an Alice Copper Show? That'd be cool. :lol:

Quote:

"I wonder if R.C. Sproul has the albums and attends his concerts since those two are golfing buddies."...

Man! This is a really wierd image...and yes the drums on Where Eagles Dare are really cool.
I personally witnessed many a lesser drummer crash and burn trying to pull those beats off in the 80's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back