Is anyone currently preaching through the Gospel of Mark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

posttenebraslux83

Puritan Board Freshman
Beginning in January, I am going to begin preaching through Mark's Gospel. I'm wondering if anyone here is also doing the same thing or if anyone here would be interested in preaching through Mark's Gospel this year. I think it would be great to have a few of us praying for each other and sharing ideas and thoughts with each other as we study/preach our way through the Gospel of Mark. Any takers?

Rob
Teaching Pastor, CRC
Schererville, IN

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4, ESV)

Last edited:
Thanks Reagan! I'll be praying for you too. :D

Rob
Teaching Pastor, CRC
Schererville, IN

"For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4, ESV)

I suggested something similar for 1 Corinthians. Put it forward as an idea for another forum! (I currently have 6 weeks to go in Corinthians) I think Luke is the only gospel I have not worked through. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Thanks Eoghan! That's exciting about almost finishing Corinthians. God bless!

Rob
Teaching Pastor, CRC
Schererville, IN

Thanks Reagan! I'll be praying for you too. :D

Rob
Teaching Pastor, CRC
Schererville, IN

Thanks, brother. May God be glorified as you exalt his Son through his word.

Grace to you.

I did Mark from 2012-2013 in 47 messages.

Mark Series - SermonAudio.com

This included 'the long ending' and by some clever wiggling managed to conclude on Easter Sunday :)

I am hoping to start John some time in mid January 2014.

I really did enjoy Mark!

Thanks for this Jonathan! I'll definitely check these out as I prepare. Praying for you as you begin preaching through John!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I find that I try not to listen to sermons on the passages I am coming to in case I subconsciously preach others' sermons. What I do like to do is to look at how others have 'divided' the word into portions for preaching, and sometimes copy nifty titles (I copied one from Fred Greco once, with permission of course!!)

The only other thing I'll add is that my series does have a deliberate evangelistic bent to it.

I am currently in Mark 9:43-50. I lined out 81 sermons from Mark--so, I am not really nearing the end. (Though, as I've progressed, I've combined a couple of pericopes and I think it will total 79 sermons instead of the original 81.) I've really been blessed to preach through Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back