Is anyone else listening to the commentary on Revelation by Dr Steven Dilday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeking_Thy_Kingdom

Puritan Board Sophomore
I recently stumbled open a podcast and have listened to a few sermons preached on Revelation by a Dr Steven Dilday. To be honest I am not very experienced with Revelation but his sermons have been incredibly eye opening.

Is anyone else here listening as well?

Here is one as an example, not sure there are many pastors who would approach Revelation this way in our politically correct age:

https://overcast.fm/+CZi4AklnA

No, he's somewhat a sectarian and was kicked out of the PRC (and not a member within the visible church).

This is good on revelation: https://www.sermonaudio.com/search.asp?subsetitem=Revelation&subsetcat=bible&keyword=Rev_David_Silversides&SpeakerOnly=true&includekeywords=&ExactVerse=

Brother,
This is a very inaccurate representation. Dr. Dilday is a member of the Puritan Board and entitled, I would hope, to a bit more charity. I encourage you to check your facts before impugning his good name.

Last edited:
We're now forced to moderate this thread.

First, the PB is not a church. It is a collection of professors in Jesus Christ, some mere members of the flock; others officers of various sorts and various denominations.

To the Admin's knowledge, none of these matters have been addressed person-to-person by various complainants here, on the PB, as befits fellow professors of Jesus Christ. Mt.18:15ff, and all that. Do that first, and bring your answers and lack of satisfaction then to the Admins.

Nor, have various complainants presented evidence that Dilday is NOT what he has asserted; only that one ecclesiastic body took certain action against him.

Given that many such bodies end up forming out of splits and objections and infighting and repudiation of alleged improper discipline (OPC, anyone?) we are not going to adjudicate in favor or against anyone, absent some evidence presented that indicates some intentional duplicity or false representation of facts.

I will delete further comments that are unsupported character aspersions.

Thank you moderators for taking action in a thread meant as a simple question.

Now that I know that Dr. Dilday is a member, please accept my sincere apologies for what happened here.

I am also glad the Mods stepped in. That was a very unfortunate way to address a brother on here. Even if it were true, that was hardly an appropriate way to answer the question. Dr. Dilday is doing a great service by sacrificing so much time to translate important works for the building up of the Church.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back