Is God Making a Mockery of the Global Warming Scare? Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ed.

To answer the question....probably. I would assume yes for the sake of practical preparations. To be upfront, I didn't watch your video here yet, just had a new grandson Saturday so real busy! But I've followed this subject.

You may like this : https://electroverse.net/we-entered-the-modern-grand-solar-minimum-on-june-8-2020/

She is one scientist that did a lot of the early physics research on this subject. A few years ago I read John Casey's two books on this; he was with NASA. I follow a couple Grand Solar Minimum sites but lately have no time to listen, just read the headlines and blurbs underneath. It seems logical given the patterns of history that we are right on time for another minimum like the Dalton/Maunder ones. To be fair to "how dare you" Greta, there are warming periods and we had a couple apparently very warm decades before this last solar cycle, so there was some basis for the hysteria I suppose.

When I say practical preparations, and please excuse the lack of a link but this one is cemented in my mind from a while back.....that means probably a drop in your growing zone of one full number, like I am in 6b and will probably go to 5b. Up where you are is maybe a 6 so you would go to 5. That would mean you will need to plant a garden out three weeks later in the spring to be safe, and the harvest will be frozen three weeks sooner, on average. This is the good scenario.

The real problem is that they say these minimums are associated with a big uptick in volcanic activity and ash, which pushes the growing seasons even farther "north" in feel where we are. You get late spring frosts and early fall frosts. One worst case is a freeze in say mid June and then end of August sort of thing. The Canadian wheat fields ( huge) would not be able to grow wheat, nor our northern tier states. Corn (maize) also likes warmth. They will switch to other crops and short season varieties, but over all it will be a hit to food production. You can read about famines in Europe during the minimums- pretty sad. Part of that was very wet springs like is already happening in the midwest.

I have a small greenhouse and have been getting my plants in early at a good size, but you never know....got blight this year on tomatoes and squash. Didn't use any non organic sprays and I understand why things are coated with chemicals nowadays :(

Interesting that 200 years ago in the last minimum New England actually did OK. But where we are you need to think about increased heating bills, maybe get a woodstove. Work on all the insulation gaps and drafts. I've already figured our plan to live on the first floor and close off the second during winter. If these people are right the real low is maybe 2028-2030.

Won't change the climate change politics I think, not even when it hits. They will still blame man, not the sun, not God. The politics of theft probably will resist this no matter what facts emerge. But at least we can try to be ready to adapt. Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back