Is It Ever Ok to Live With Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind. Canada hates freedom. (The URLTA is an American statute.)

so what are you doing about liberating us? Aren't you Americans supposed to help out your northern friends, just like you help the Iraqis, the Lybians, the 'you name it'?

Originally Posted by Zenas
Nevermind. Canada hates freedom. (The URLTA is an American statute.)
so what are you doing about liberating us? Aren't you Americans supposed to help out your northern friends, just like you help the Iraqis, the Lybians, the 'you name it'?

What Bert said - then when you've sorted Canada, you can come over here and help us (as the Macedonian said) :)

I share Jeremy's concerns and suspicions about that particular situation but leaving that aside I doubt it's any of the church's business. It may or may not be the best, especially if they're not engaged, but I don't see how an elder has any business doing anything other than give his opinion.

Well, it is the Church's business presuming they are members. I don't get how you think the lives of church members are none of the concern of the wider body of Christ.

Well, it is the Church's business presuming they are members. I don't get how you think the lives of church members are none of the concern of the wider body of Christ.

If you don't get it, then you should study up on sphere sovereignty. If an elder in my church told me what kind of shoes to wear or what kind of house to by or which city to live in or whether or not I could live with my girlfriend for a few weeks I'd politely tell them it's none of their business and if they pursued things I'd send them a certified letter and have the presbytery educate them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back