Is it wise decision ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajay

Puritan Board Freshman
I need your advice concerning remaining single all my life without marriage.

6 months back, my girlfriend broke up the relationship over doctrinal issue.

I am studying in a seminary now, next year, I will complete my studies. I need to return my home country.

Is it wise to stay single, if I cant find a Christian girl who is reformed? If i cant find, I need to accept as God's will in my life.

Quite confused.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ajay, I don't know your age, but the fact that you are in seminary leads me think that you are probably still a young man. Therefore I urge you not to let one experience set the tone of the rest of your life. None of us know what the Lord has in store for our future earthly life. Boaz was apparently well into middle age (or possibly older) before God sent Ruth into his life. My advice is to remain faithful to the Lord, complete your education, and return home to whatever ministry He has called you to. The rest will take care of itself in the Lord's providence. :2cents:

Blessings,

Last edited:
Ajay, I don't know your age, but the fact that you are in seminary leads me think that you are probably still a young man. Therefor I urge you not to let one experience set the tone of the rest of your life. None of us know what the Lord has in store for our future earthly life. Boaz was apparently well into middle age (or possibly older) before God sent Ruth into his life. My advice is to remain faithful to the Lord, complete your education, and return home to whatever ministry He has called you to. The rest will take care of itself in the Lord's providence. :2cents:

Blessings,
Thank you Brother.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you do not have the gift of singleness, scripture and the confession teaches that it is your duty to marry. So, no, resolving to remain single is not a wise decision. I am not saying that to be glib, as I know how hard it is when you pursue marriage but nothing ever works out in your favour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back