Is The Family International legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cult.

This was all I needed to read:

"The Family International (TFI), formed as the Children of God (COG) "

I think they called it 'Flirty Fishing' back when I was in college. Also referred to by others as 'Hooking for Jesus'.

Old Moses David is still kicking around? I thought he disappeared after his son turned on him and exposed all the sicko stuff they were up to a long time ago...

Cult.

This was all I needed to read:

"The Family International (TFI), formed as the Children of God (COG) "

I think they called it 'Flirty Fishing' back when I was in college. Also referred to by others as 'Hooking for Jesus'.

Yikes! That doesn't sound awfully Reformed to me....

Old Moses David is still kicking around? I thought he disappeared after his son turned on him and exposed all the sicko stuff they were up to a long time ago...

Moses? I'm lost here....:confused:
You'd have to know a little about the Children of God cult, which my eldest brother was involved with somewhat way back in the early '70's, to know the significance of that name.

Synod:

Please fix your signature block as soon as possible, as per the instructions provided by following the link under my name, below.

We like to know who we're talking to.

And welcome aboard.

By the way, David Berg, founder of the Children of God, died in 1994.

Synod:

Please fix your signature block as soon as possible, as per the instructions provided by following the link under my name, below.

We like to know who we're talking to.

And welcome aboard.

By the way, David Berg, founder of the Children of God, died in 1994.

Thanks! :doh:

Here in Europe they have been undergoing a destabilization for a least a couple of years. They claim that "flirty fishing" is a thing of the past and they are no longer required to live in communal situations. Theologically, I don't know what changes may be occurring.

Here in Europe they have been undergoing a destabilization for a least a couple of years. They claim that "flirty fishing" is a thing of the past and they are no longer required to live in communal situations. Theologically, I don't know what changes may be occurring.

The burden is on them at this point. It's going to take more than a name change and some self serving statements before they can be considered brothers and sisters in the faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back