Is there a link between defense of homosexuality and defense of pedophilia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
I was wondering if there is a defense of pedophilia that is building on the back of the historic defense of homosexuality? James White has made comments to that effect and I find this quite fascinating. Do people with pedophilia temptations use the same defense to justify their sin as those with homosexual temptations?

I would be interested to know if there is any research linking these? Can Christians use the argument that an argument for homosexuality destroys the basis for arguing against pedophilia?

Many more people would defend homosexuality in the context of acts between consenting adults than would defend pedophilia. Pedophilia, of necessity, precludes consent since children are not legally capable of giving consent. Pedophilia, to the best of my knowledge, is exclusively a male phenomenon. I've never heard of lesbian pedophilia.

Of course homosexuals make the argument that if you are born a homosexual you are a homosexual for life. The paedophile might use the same argument, but it currently doesn't' hold water with the liberal intelligentsia, because, as the previous poster pointed out, paedophilia contradicts another important tenet of post '60s sexual ethics, that relations must be between consenting adults. The individual is god in the liberal, godless sexual "ethic".

You're better attacking the former misplaced faith position, that homosexuality is fixed at birth and can't be changed, like the colour of someone's skin can't be changed, which has been repeatedly shown to be a farrago of nonsense.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk 2

It has been argued in the Netherlands.
Lesbians and no paedophilia? I would never put sin past any group of people even if certain genders are more susceptible. I am sure there are cases.

Pedophilia, to the best of my knowledge, is exclusively a male phenomenon. I've never heard of lesbian pedophilia.

Two different, if overlapping concepts. If you have not read of cases involving adult women and underage children of either gender, be thankful. And I'm not about to post links to news stories here.

There certainly is a link.

From what I see it goes like this. Traditionally, in the West marriage was between a man and a woman. From the homosexuals and pedophiles point of view, the institution of marriage being between one man and one woman is unacceptable. That is, they will usually argue that if love is the determining factor of what constitutes marriage, then by limiting it to the monogamous relationship between a man and a woman we are not allowing, say, two men from being in a relationship, or an adult and a child. The key for their argument is the overriding factor of "love" (as they define it). The way they see love, though, is more like lust than anything else (Ro. 1). By making "love" the overriding factor, they open up the door to various nontraditional forms of what they conceive of as "marriage" (because they "love" the other person, or persons, they think they must automatically be able to marry them). Thus, when they look at the traditional form, the homosexual argues that we must open it up from a monogamous relationship between two people of the opposite sex to also include two people of the same sex, and the pedophile will take it a step further and also throw age out of the equation. The proponent of polygamy will question why we even insist on the monogamous element.

So the trouble is that when one starts to redefine marriage as we traditionally know it, he will run into problems. Marriage is definable. Because it is definable, it will be limited by nature. On either of these views (traditional, monogamous homosexual, pedophile, polygamous, etc.), the institution is limited because it actually means something.

My argument would be that if we start redefining traditional marriage, where do we stop?! The nature of arguments used by the homosexual, can in turn be applied by the pedophile and polygamist (as James White keenly shows)! One doesn't have to be religious to see this. I've read papers from Harvard and elsewhere, that argue against redefining the traditional definition of marriage because of the door it opens up and the governmental problems that'll arise as a result of that.

The obvious link is they are both deviant sexual behaviors that go against what God forbids. Pedophilia and homosexuality both stem from our wicked, sinful nature and must be dealt with by the transforming power of Christ.

Many more people would defend homosexuality in the context of acts between consenting adults than would defend pedophilia. Pedophilia, of necessity, precludes consent since children are not legally capable of giving consent. Pedophilia, to the best of my knowledge, is exclusively a male phenomenon. I've never heard of lesbian pedophilia.

We don't tend to hear to much about it as the Media is controlled/manipulated by the Homo Lobby,
I do know from previous research that more acts of molestation are perpetrated by woman on young
boys than men do on young girls, again media bias won't let you know that, so to be consistent I
would say there are also more acts of Lesbian Molestation occurring than Male to boy Molestation.
This would be confirmed by all the criminal acts perpetrated by Nuns
WOMAN Truly Are The WEAKER VESSELS

Michael L. Brown's book "A Queer thing Happened in America" I think hits on this. James White said it is the best book out there on homosexuality.

I believe what is lost here is Definition,
that any or all Older Male sexual desire for a younger youthful partner is classed as
pedophilia when it is not,
it is called Pederasty when Adult Male sexual desire is for Adolescent & Pubescent males
though Pedophilia is the more abhorrent of the two being mostly non consensual &
involving victims younger still (this is why we need Theonomy)

that is what this whole thing is about more or less the grooming of younger males to be
Homo "brides" just like it was in Pagan days gone bye, no doubt there is a Jesuit agenda here.

In Australia i think the the legal consensual age for Homos was 16 but the catch was that
a man 18 years or Older couldn't touch the younger ones, the push for Homo marriage will
also result in a concurrent push for the legal age to be reduced, make no mistake about it.

Last edited:
I definitely think there will be a link in the soon future, especially with "older" minors. There's nothing magical about the 17/18 age line that suddenly makes one an adult and in many ways I don't understand, from an outsider's perspective why homosexuality is celebrated while pedophilia is so vehemently condemned, almost to the point of being ridiculous (I had a friend go through pedophilia charges and the court's view astonished me).

I think right now our society still has this strange "do it for the children" view that may be one of the few areas where Christian influence still holds. But it's a twisted, idolatrous view. This recent gun control push was part of that in my mind. "Do it for the children" was thought to be an effective cry, but I wouldn't be surprised if even that "tool" is starting to fade as people start becoming more consistent in their sin.

When I was in primary school. My first year I had a female teacher who would come into the boys toilet and watch them/us going. Looking directly at us, watching us. I remember this vividly. Even then at that young age it seemed wrong and freaked me out, so much so that I would not go with anyone around me for many many years after that first year. I have heard of a number of female paedophiles over the years. It is one of my personal pet hates and if there is one thing that gets my blood boiling it is that. A good friend of mine was abused as a child by his uncle and it messed him up badly, he is a bit better able to cope these days but still messed up almost 30 years on. Another friend, his grandson was abused, who I also know, he is a great guy but the scars still remain. The degree of it that abounds in the Roman Catholic Church is testimony to its pure evil, that church. To me, I know sin is a sin but there are varying shades of it from grey to pitch black but still all sin, homosexuality and paedophiles are a long stretch apart. I approve of neither but paedophiles are the pitchest of black.
Woe unto them, for their Judge sits in heaven and see's all.

James White's comments were interesting (he said this on his 'Dividing Line' some time ago). He argued that some of the Psychological 'research' on pedophilia in the Netherlands etc is now where the 'research' on homosexuality was 40 years ago. The implication being that society in 40 years time will accept pedophilia in the same way they accept homosexuality now. White further argued that pedophiles can use the same arguments as homosexuals - I was born this way, why should I change who I am? If Psychological 'research' vindicates pedophiles how can secular society say they are wrong?

I am reminded of Vav Til's "Antitheism Presupposes Theism". Without God as our presupposed standard, we are falling into a horrific black hole!

Hi Stephen. A while ago I was listening to a radio program late at night. It was on the subject of paedophilia. Research was done into the growing evidence that it is increasing at an alarming rate. This research was done in Germany but they said it was growing worldwide. The person speaking said that they were alarmed at the evidence they saw where it was actually becoming, or being perceived by the general public, as not being as bad as it was seen to be decades ago. In other words people were not viewing it as the disgusting act of violation as it once was. I can tell you this. A year and a bit ago I worked for a person who had a paedophile friend. He was jailed for it. Upon his release the person I worked for said "great, Lester has been released". I after time had grave concerns for who the person I worked for was, what he was. Then a friend of his came into the shop and was bragging about an overseas trip they had in Africa.
The bragging was not of a little child but was not an adult either. I payed out on him in the shop right in front of the boss and customers too. I don't work there anymore and never want to see him again either. The amount of people that were glad to hear of this Lester being released shocked me, to the point I felt alien.
My wife's cousin works for the police in crime statistics or some info area like that. She said people would be shocked if they actually knew how many paedophiles lived in their immediate area or suburb. The country area where I live in Victoria has small towns where they are actually relocated to upon release.
It is a frighteningly growing evil amongst our society which many are not aware of. I would not be surprised at what you heard about in 40 years time happening, according to research the trend is moving that way already. I cannot feel sorry enough for the poor innocent children who suffer at the hands of these depraved, sad to say, people, who neither deserve that title nor live up to it.

This is sad Brett. My example is slightly different but an example of how social attitudes have changed. I started working for an Accounting firm back in 1988. That year there was a homosexual pride parade in Sydney. I clearly remembering my non-Christian workmates saying how evil and repulsive that was. Move forward 25 years. Today the average person in NZ would not say that. I fear the same is coming with pedophilia.

Look down from heaven,
And see from Your habitation, holy and glorious.
Where are Your zeal and Your strength,
The yearning of Your heart and Your mercies toward me?
Are they restrained?
Doubtless You are our Father,
Though Abraham was ignorant of us,
And Israel does not acknowledge us.
You, O Lord, are our Father;
Our Redeemer from Everlasting is Your name.
O Lord, why have You made us stray from Your ways,
And hardened our heart from Your fear?
Return for Your servants’ sake,
The tribes of Your inheritance.
Your holy people have possessed it but a little while;
Our adversaries have trodden down Your sanctuary.
We have become like those of old, over whom You never ruled,
Those who were never called by Your name.
Oh, that You would rend the heavens!
That You would come down!
That the mountains might shake at Your presence—
As fire burns brushwood,
As fire causes water to boil—
To make Your name known to Your adversaries,
That the nations may tremble at Your presence!
When You did awesome things for which we did not look,
You came down,
The mountains shook at Your presence.
For since the beginning of the world
Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear,
Nor has the eye seen any God besides You,
Who acts for the one who waits for Him.
You meet him who rejoices and does righteousness,
Who remembers You in Your ways.
You are indeed angry, for we have sinned—
In these ways we continue;
And we need to be saved.
But we are all like an unclean thing,
And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags;
We all fade as a leaf,
And our iniquities, like the wind,
Have taken us away.
And there is no one who calls on Your name,
Who stirs himself up to take hold of You;
For You have hidden Your face from us,
And have consumed us because of our iniquities.
But now, O Lord,
You are our Father;
We are the clay, and You our potter;
And all we are the work of Your hand.
Do not be furious, O Lord,
Nor remember iniquity forever;

Isa 63:15-64:9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back